• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AWspace?

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
So, I noticed the new friends option, and people mentioning user galleries . . . At what point does this become a myspace type thing, or has it already, and I'm just not with the times?

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
New forum software. Note that the "decorate your own user profile" option is not enabled. I'm sure Web-san will turn off stuff that he feels is derogatory to the point of having AW. Although given the recent photo threads I'd be interested to see what comes up in galleries.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Hmmm, I am still figuring out the software. To a large degree this website has gotten very good at social networking and interaction via threads, PMs and chat. How far down that path should this site go? In many respects this is a generational thing, I for one am not a proponent of myspace/friendster and the like, mostly because of the problems it can cause someone in the military (OPSEC/INFOSEC, security clearances, personal info you don't want superiors or subordinates to know, etc). So, I really haven't figured out where to go with this new software. I was suprised it had the user photo albums. But, there isn't anything on par with the previous gallery program I was using (and apparently there is interest in again).

I guess the easiest approach is to enable it, see if it gets used, and where it leads.