• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AWers helping AWers...a chance to say “Thanks, dude!”

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
At this time, I would like start a thread thanking AW members for help. Some time ago, @HAL Pilot posted a pic of Smokey Bear seen below. When I saw [and read] the pic...I bawled [laughing] like a small baby for about 15 minutes and just had to have the pic since I wanted to use it in the future...click save as. I even named the pic “Sailor Mouth Smokey Bear”.

Fast forward to today...I was letting my 2001 Mustang Bullitt GT [which I purchased new in 2001] do its usual 5 to 10 minute warm up at idle in the driveway before taking it out to run errands...as well as giving it a quick detail on the clear coat and rims. I heard my cell phone text message alerter...it was the almighty Skipper [the wife unit, Katy] who was sitting inside our house doing whatever...please see her text and my response pictured below.

@HAL Pilot ...Thanks, dude! ??????

Please post occasions where fellow AWers have given you a helping hand [whether they know it or not]...and say “Thanks, dude!”

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Glad I could help...in more ways than one. The missing watch is just the excuse you need to buy a Rolex or Breitling.
Perfect! I really dig the Rolly Subs and GMTs...BUT...I found my Speedy Gonzales Moonwatch...the movement [which was not running] was in the basement, the crystal, bezel and bezel insert were in the garage and the dial, hands, crown and pushers were in the head. The dogs were found using the Omega replica NASA strap as a chew toy. :eek:

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Perfect! I really dig the Rolly Subs and GMTs...BUT...I found my Speedy Gonzales Moonwatch...the movement [which was not running] was in the basement, the crystal, bezel and bezel insert were in the garage and the dial, hands, crown and pushers were in the head. The dogs were found using the Omega replica NASA strap as a chew toy. :eek:
Scout’s honor?

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot

Oh MAN! :eek: That's tragic- I hope it is insured!

My dogs stole one of my Hamiltons once, chewed off the leather strap, and my daughter found the perfectly intact watch head in the yard 3 days later, still running, with the spring bars installed and no sign of the strap whatsoever. I'm pretty sure the watch went on a doggie stomach adventure. In the meantime, I had torn apart the entire house and ordered a replacement Hamilton, which is why I now have two... and why I now keep my watches strictly in a watch box or a drawer when not in use.

If they had taken apart my Speedy, I would have been an angry, angry man... and possibly no longer a dog owner.

Last edited:

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
I'm pretty sure the watch went on a doggie stomach adventure.
During the classroom instruction at SERE, one of the instructors challenged our class to try to sneak the little Code of Conduct business cards through the entire course and he would do push ups for each successful card during the debrief portion.

His challenge was rarely met and we all knew it. Surprisingly, one of my classmates produced his wristwatch during the debrief, having successfully retained physical custody of it throughout the entire lab portion.

Chief made good on his promise amidst a few of us doing our best Walken impressions of "This was your daddy's watch. He died of dysentery."

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Oh MAN! :eek: That's tragic- I hope it is insured!

My dogs stole one of my Hamiltons once, chewed off the leather strap, and my daughter found the perfectly intact watch head in the yard 3 days later, still running, with the spring bars installed and no sign of the strap whatsoever. I'm pretty sure the watch went on a doggie stomach adventure. In the meantime, I had torn apart the entire house and ordered a replacement Hamilton, which is why I now have two... and why I now keep my watches strictly in a watch box or a drawer when not in use.

If they had taken apart my Speedy, I would have been an angry, angry man... and possibly no longer a dog owner.
Did Chris Walken pay you an unexpected visit?

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Please post occasions where fellow AWers have given you a helping hand [whether they know it or not]...and say “Thanks, dude!”