• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Awaiting Flight Physical Results

Sub King

Just registered and I'm not really sure if the gouge area is the right place to post this, but it was the only area where I could find a tab to start a new thread. In any case I was wondering if anyone had some first hand knowledge of flight physical waivers for back surgeries?

I'm in my last semester at USC and I was picked academically for a pilot SNA slot, but haven't heard back from NAMI as to whether or not my waiver went through. To make a long story short I had a snowboarding accident which caused a herniated disk in my back L4-L5 about 7 years ago. So far BUMED sent a letter showing approval, but essentially said in the same sentence that NAMI had the final say.

Has any SNA in schooling or fleet pilot had personal experience as to whether NAMI has accepted waivers for this? I guess i'm getting a little nervous and was hoping that a few of you might shed a little light on the situation. Any knowledge regarding this matter would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

sundevil

Sub King

I'm showing some ignorance here but I've never even heard of being pro-rec or know what it means. All I know is that I filled out my service selection sheet and then slightly before christmas my XO told me that I was selected as a SNA. If that means pro-rec but not final selected yet then I'm lost. My XO said I was going to flight school so it sounded like the process was somewhat finalized to me.

In any case, as for the medical situation it turns out I just got the waiver approval from NAMI on wednesday so I'm pretty pumped to atleast have my foot in the door for flight school. However, i'm sure I will have to pass yet another physical when I get down there.

I appreciate the heads up though bro and best of luck to you in your situation also.