• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aviation Uniforms and Customs for the new ENS

Dontcallmegump

pilot
That's also what we call a certain Ensign (Upper Half).

I thought that was a slight to any JG who thinks there's a difference. But I've also heard it used to refer to an ensign in their second year, no longer being the freshest commissioned...

Coming from a JG who activity insists there is no difference...

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I thought that was a slight to any JG who thinks there's a difference. But I've also heard it used to refer to an ensign in their second year, no longer being the freshest commissioned...

Coming from a JG who activity insists there is no difference...
Rank among JOs is like virtue among whores.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
It's things like that that get API students banned from wearing their leather jackets... :rolleyes:

0621 Hertz

I refuse to believe that was taken this year or last year. I have not met a group of O-1s that stupid... yet

Since Flight Suit Fridays at Mustin are not going on right now, studs had unofficial post API shenanigans. One of which was a house party that happened to be in a neighborhood of a retired flag officer who proceeded to call the base. Wasn't pretty I heard.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
I refuse to believe that was taken this year or last year. I have not met a group of O-1s that stupid... yet

Since Flight Suit Fridays at Mustin are not going on right now, studs had unofficial post API shenanigans. One of which was a house party that happened to be in a neighborhood of a retired flag officer who proceeded to call the base. Wasn't pretty I heard.
Seriously? What a universe of dicks. First, shame on the old bastard that placed the call. Second, someone on base actually cared about a retired flag officer, would they have gotten to work for a retired E-6? I have to be honest, once he hung up his uniform his value to nation is no greater than a retired seaman apprentice. I can walk out my door and walk past the homes of about ten retired flag officers in under five minutes...and not care one bit. Total BS.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Seriously? What a universe of dicks. First, shame on the old bastard that placed the call. Second, someone on base actually cared about a retired flag officer, would they have gotten to work for a retired E-6? I have to be honest, once he hung up his uniform his value to nation is no greater than a retired seaman apprentice. I can walk out my door and walk past the homes of about ten retired flag officers in under five minutes...and not care one bit. Total BS.
Yeah 2ndLt Treetop receives the call, listens patiently, then makes the appropriate logbook entry.

2315: Admrial Snatchy calls to inform duty of a party possibly involving military personnel. Duty goes to sleep.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Yeah 2ndLt Treetop receives the call, listens patiently, then makes the appropriate logbook entry.

2315: Admrial Snatchy calls to inform duty of a party possibly involving military personnel. Duty goes to sleep.
2315: male sounding caller purporting to be Retired ADM Snatchy calls. No way to verify if actually Retired ADM Snatchy but did verify that retired ADMs no longer matter. Duty goes to sleep.

I always love this conversation:
"Hi, I'm retired Captain Steve "Hufflepuff" Stevenson and this is what I think you should do."
"Hi Steve.

So, moving on in the meeting."