• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aviation Pipeline as of 2019

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot
Yeah, wasn't the first and won't be the last.

One of my best onwings did that on his solo- although he caught his mistake a lot sooner than going 240.

Dad?

Just kidding, I was a shitty onwing. But I did overspeed my landing gear on my solo. I guess the "but" wasn't necessary for that pair of sentences...

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Howdy, all. I am currently in phase IV at TBS and set to graduate on April 24th. I have started to look for housing and such down in Pensacola but we are hearing some scuttlebutt that IFS is shut down for the fiscal year as of late February this year due to budget issues. I was just wondering if anyone has a relatively updated timeline for how long the wait times will be in between IFS, API, Primary, etc. Any information would be helpful as I am trying to decide if I want to buy a house in Pensacola or just rent if I will only be there for a short time.

Semper Fidelis.
The son of a good buddy finished TBS in August last year, he finished IFS and then API in January only to be told there is a 6-12 month hold to begin Primary. So there is something going on with Marine SNA pipeline in 2019....

RandomGoat1248

The son of a good buddy finished TBS in August last year, he finished IFS and then API in January only to be told there is a 6-12 month hold to begin Primary. So there is something going on with Marine SNA pipeline in 2019....

Do you know it he is at Milton or Corpus?

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
It's much easier to just hit the "No significant events reported" button and be done. In this particular case, I don't think ASAP is the problem here.

If there’s nothing significant to report then there doesnt need to be an ASAP filed.

Required ASAP completion for completion sake creates situations where folks invent things to write, degrading the significance of ASAPs about real safety events.

RandomGoat1248

Milton. He is pissed because he and a few buddies rented an Apt near Milton and now they are going to end up being sent back to the MOC at NAS Pcola until they can start Primary at Whiting

If he is already up at Milton they are going to keep him there, they decided against sending the Marines back to the MOC. Those currently graduating API have to stay down there though.

And if he checked in during January I probably know him. They are waiting longer then us Navy guys, but Marines who checked in with me in January are starting in April so the wait probably won't be as long as he thinks.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
If there’s nothing significant to report then there doesnt need to be an ASAP filed.

Required ASAP completion for completion sake creates situations where folks invent things to write, degrading the significance of ASAPs about real safety events.
There was a longtime guy in CNATRA safety who was big on everybody filing a report for every single flight, even if it was just the "nothing happened" checkbox. He quietly moved on from his billet about the same time his boss quietly had an early change of command in the wake of the OBOGS ORM-out a couple years ago...

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor

3710 says otherwise. But I think you may have missed the humor in my earlier post.

There was a longtime guy in CNATRA safety who was big on everybody filing a report for every single flight, even if it was just the "nothing happened" checkbox.

To be fair, he was just pushing the overall NAE directive. I'm getting the feeling there's a perception among the "recent" orange and white crowd that this is specific to their world, when it's not. All of Naval Air (or at least the Navy portion of it) have been blessed by this requirement for many years now*.

*Disclaimer: You can probably count the number of ASAPs I've written on two hands since its inception, most were because I had something to report (ATC, student Spacial D episode(s)). But I advocate to at least know specifically what rule you're blowing off before blowing it off.

Charles T. Moore

2nd LT Moore, Charles T.
Just a quick update for those of you that posted. I checked in at NAS Pensacola in late April, sometime around the 28th, and am scheduled to start IFS next Wednesday. They are sending everyone through SWIM before IFS right now and from the current dates being put out, it looks like it will be about a month in between IFS graduation and API starting.

Enterprise018

Just a quick update for those of you that posted. I checked in at NAS Pensacola in late April, sometime around the 28th, and am scheduled to start IFS next Wednesday. They are sending everyone through SWIM before IFS right now and from the current dates being put out, it looks like it will be about a month in between IFS graduation and API starting.
I think this is just for Marines. I am Navy and checked in early Aug and classed up for IFS w/o going to SWIM first

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
That is unbelievable. I can't believe there is such a huge disparage in the Navy/Marine Corps pipelines.

Historically MATSG would have Marines sit around for months before starting API while Navy guys would class up as soon as they could. There's always been a difference in how the bodies were handled between the services.