• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aviation Pipeline as of 2019

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Whoever wrote that is either a pretty good troll or a little bitch.

The CNATRA requirement to file ASAPs after every flight, regardless of hazard or lack there of, facilities this. They get what they deserve.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
The CNATRA requirement to file ASAPs after every flight, regardless of hazard or lack there of, facilities this. They get what they deserve.

It's much easier to just hit the "No significant events reported" button and be done. In this particular case, I don't think ASAP is the problem here.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Also, check your hurricane insurance...

Last I remember USAA no longer insures rental houses in FL, I think there might be some exceptions but that was what I remember hearing was the policy after all hurricanes went through the state a few years ago.

jmac3000

Last I remember USAA no longer insures rental houses in FL, I think there might be some exceptions but that was what I remember hearing was the policy after all hurricanes went through the state a few years ago.

I think this is right. I was just at Tyndall AFB. People stationed there weren’t able to get insurance with USAA.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think this is right. I was just at Tyndall AFB. People stationed there weren’t able to get insurance with USAA.

Ouch, I was actually referring to houses owned by service members in Florida that they rented out (wasn't clear in my post). If the above is the case that is even worse than I thought.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
The ASAP right above that one is good for a laugh too...
Yeah, wasn't the first and won't be the last.

One of my best onwings did that on his solo- although he caught his mistake a lot sooner than going 240.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Ouch, I was actually referring to houses owned by service members in Florida that they rented out (wasn't clear in my post). If the above is the case that is even worse than I thought.

It ebbs and flows, depending on the preceding seasons and where in FL you are. Back in 2011-ish, my parents couldn't get USAA in Jax. I have USAA in Jax now. I think they focus on the last major set of ground zeros and determine policy that way.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It ebbs and flows, depending on the preceding seasons and where in FL you are. Back in 2011-ish, my parents couldn't get USAA in Jax. I have USAA in Jax now. I think they focus on the last major set of ground zeros and determine policy that way.

At the danger of sounding like a grumpy old man, which wouldn't be far from the reality now, that ain't the way it used to be with USAA. Back when I joined, when you had to be an officer or directly related, service seemed to be quite a bit better. Now that they let everyone and their brother connected to the service join, and make sure you know it by running endless ads on TV and radio, service seems to have slipped a bit. Maybe they could cover all their members in Florida if they dialed back the ads a bit.

//old man rant done

Last edited: