• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 25th Supply Board

Guard-Father

I have applied for the supply board that convened on August 25th. I was wondering if there have been any updates on board results yet.

I have a Bachelors in Transportation and Logistics Management with a 3.3 GPA. I scored a 44 on the OAR, which I know isn't high. I have 5 years of experience in the USAF as a supply manager and currently hold the rank of Staff Sergeant (E-5). I got 5 LOR's, one from my commander (O-5), from a Chief (E-9), from my section chief (E-7), from a Border Patrol Commander (GS-15), and one from a Jiu-Jitsu Academy Owner where I have volunteered over 600 hours of teaching Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. I have also passed the DLPT in both Brazilian and European Portuguese. All my EPR’s have maximum rating, and I won an early Below the Zone promotion to E-4.

Do you think I have good chances of getting picked up?

BC1107

I have applied for the same board, and am also awaiting results. I have a bachelors in Business Administration with a 3.7 GPA and a 63 OAR. I have one year of management experience and experience in sales and inventory control and got LORS from 3 employers, a LTJG, and a former O-3. I spoke with my recruiter a few days ago and he said that it could take between 2 and 8 weeks for results to be released. Hopefully it will be closer to 2. I think that you make a strong case to get picked up especially with all of your relevant experience. Good luck to you, hopefully we hear something soon.

Guard-Father

BC1107, I really hope it is around 2 weeks as well. I got picked up to be a recruiter in the AF, but Navy OCS is where my heart really is right now.
I think you have great chances of getting picked up with such a high GPA and OAR score! I wish I were as smart as you are! :)
I know they look at the whole person concept, but I am really skeptical about my score and GPA.

Thank you for your support and good luck to you as well!

BC1107

haha thanks man, I am hoping that I have a decent chance. I'm happy with my GPA and OAR, but I feel like my experience and some other areas could be a lot better. Just have to see how it plays out I guess. I'd like to think that they would place a lot of value on all of your experience in supply, so I would try to stay positive and not sweat it too much.

BC1107

Nope nothing yet man. Hopefully soon because this wait is killing me. Lets just hope the wait pays off for both of us in the end!

Guard-Father

I called the recruiter that replaced my recruiter. Apparently the board did not meet on Aug 25th. It actually met this past Monday, according to this new recruiter. She said we still have at least 3 weeks of waiting before we hear anything back. I hear you! Let's hope it does...

jakejake527

I called the recruiter that replaced my recruiter. Apparently the board did not meet on Aug 25th. It actually met this past Monday, according to this new recruiter. She said we still have at least 3 weeks of waiting before we hear anything back. I hear you! Let's hope it does...

I'm sure you can score higher than a 44. Did you try to take it again and get a higher score?

Recruiters usually won't let you turn in your package if your OAR is lower than a 50

My recruiter told me that's the first thing they look at. First OAR, then GPA, then LORS, then so on...

egardell

My recruiter also told me that the Aug. 25th board was canceled, but he said that the next Supply board wasn't until Nov. 10.

exNavyOffRec

I'm sure you can score higher than a 44. Did you try to take it again and get a higher score?

Recruiters usually won't let you turn in your package if your OAR is lower than a 50, and I didn't work with or know of a recruiter that would, it isn't worth it.

My recruiter told me that's the first thing they look at. First OAR, then GPA, then LORS, then so on...

The recruiter can't hold an application if it meets the PA, the most important thing varies for each designator, for non aviation the GPA/degree are most important, most of my supply selects had an OAR less than 50, in fact the lowest one was 41 or 42, except for one all had good GPA's, and good write-ups from employers.

Guard-Father

Recruiters usually won't let you turn in your package if your OAR is lower than a 50

I have not taken it again. I am being sent to recruiting school for the AF so I don't even know when I will have the chance to retake it. I was really nervous when I took the OAR, but now I know what I am up against, and wont be that nervous anymore. Just need to find the time to study for it and retake it. As far as submitting the package, the minimum score for supply is 35, that's y he submitted it.

Guard-Father

My recruiter also told me that the Aug. 25th board was canceled, but he said that the next Supply board wasn't until Nov. 10.

Man!!! I really hope your recruiter is wrong! LOL! I wonder where they get their information from... I mean, Y would my recruiter tell me that the board met on Monday without being sure about it?

exNavyOffRec

Man!!! I really hope your recruiter is wrong! LOL! I wonder where they get their information from... I mean, Y would my recruiter tell me that the board met on Monday without being sure about it?

PM RUFIO181 and he can probably give you the date it convened or when it is scheduled to.

exNavyOffRec

I have not taken it again. I am being sent to recruiting school for the AF so I don't even know when I will have the chance to retake it. I was really nervous when I took the OAR, but now I know what I am up against, and wont be that nervous anymore. Just need to find the time to study for it and retake it. As far as submitting the package, the minimum score for supply is 35, that's y he submitted it.

recruiting school for the AF, well I am sure you will be able find a place to take the OAR either during that time or when you get to where you are going.

On a side note, each place I have been recruiting do you know who some of the best USN recruiters are? USAF recruiters, probably just a string of coincidence but every USAF recruiter around where I have been treated applicants and their parents like crap, then they came to us, so treat your applicant nice.

Guard-Father

PM RUFIO181 and he can probably give you the date it convened or when it is scheduled to.

Thank you Sir! If/when I see RUFIO181 online I will ask him. Thanks for giving me some hope in regards to my OAR score as well. I have been doing supply in the Air Force for over 5 years now. Although I know I should have scored better, I hope they will take in consideration my job experience. Oh well, it's in God's hands now.