• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Attritted out of F/A-18 FRS

Saluki

I recently attritted out of the F/A-18 FRS and was wondering what the odds are that big Navy will let me transition to another platform? Or should I start looking at restricted line jobs?

MasterBates

What did you attrite for? FNAEBed? Status if FNAEBd?

All of it makes a difference. If it's for ACM or WEPS, but you are solid at the boat and no real problems otherwise, I would do everything in your power to try to go C-2As or E-2Cs.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
...was wondering what the odds are that big Navy will let me transition to another platform?

We don't know/give odds. Any other worthwhile advice will require much more info concerning reasons for/circumstances involved resulting in this particular attrition.:)
BzB

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
I have seen/heard of several dudes attrite for problems at the boat go to P-3s and E-6s.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I can think of a few off the top of my head who washed out of the jet VT's or FRS and are in P-3s, doing pretty well for themselves. Just don't go around with a chip on your shoulder and no one's gonna give a shit.

This would be something your stucon would have a pretty good handle on, I would think.

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
Just don't go around with a chip on your shoulder
:oops: This made me smile for a number of reasons.

To the original poster. Your STUCON, XO, OPSO are going to have MUCH better SA to your situation than just about anyone around here. For perspective (this may or may not help), a recently attrited pilot from VAQ B FRS lat transferred to IW. He had numerous issues throughout the syllabus, but the boat was the final straw.

Pap

Naval Aviator
pilot
I just talked to a (former) RP who was checking out of the F-18 FRS and headed to Tinker to start the E-6 RAG. I believe he DQ’d at the boat.

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
Yeah, the E6 community has a pretty diverse set of platform transition dudes. Their success generally depends on their attitude and reputation that they build early on. Some have done very well, others....not so much. I understand it is hard to go from signing for the jet and roaring down the runway with your hair on fire to loading bags and fetching coffee, but some dudes can accept it and press, and other dudes just keep hanging on to what they used to do. My advice, whatever community you end up going to, whether it be aviation related or not, be up front, be humble, and have a sense of humor. Just because you didn't make it in the Hornet world doesn't mean you don't have a lot to offer, but don't let your personality get in the way of that.