• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ATTENTION SNA'S AND SNFO'S WHO WANT AN EDGE!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musiqlover

Dear SNA'S and SNFO'S,

My name is Paul, and I have been trying VERY hard to get a slot at ACES. For those who don't know, ACES is a week long program that SNA'S AND SNFO'S can go to in Pensacola before you go to OCS. During that week you get to take a ride in a T34, ride in a simulator, get your flight physical, and do a PRT. Besides the fact that it helps you feel better about being qualified as a pilot or NFO and is FUN, the Navy will fly you in and even pay for your food and housing for the week I believe.

Here is the problem. They HAVE to have 10 people in order to have a class. So, If I could PLEASE get 9 other people (besides me) who would be willing to go respond to this post and tell me what week they will go, hopefully we can make it happen!

Sincerely,

Musiqlover

Edited by - Musiqlover on 04/18/2001 16:19:39

Edited by - Musiqlover on 04/18/2001 22:45:24

Edited by - Musiqlover on 04/18/2001 22:46:04

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I think anyone that has been in the military even a short while has some sort of horror story, more so when you discuss the subject of recruiters. From your end it can be very frustrating, especially, as you are saying, nothing is adding up, and it appears that no one knows what is going on. I honestly can't answer your question, though it sounds as if you have taken the best steps to find out what is happening. If you contacted ACEs, then I imagine that they would have the most up to date info.

Best advice I have, is to take it in stride. One of the best things you can have in the military, is the ability to handle change, and the unpredictablity of life in the military. Case in point, being on the flight sked for a AOM (all officer meeting) meeting, showing up, and get told, oh sorry, it wasn't written up in the sked properly, students don't have to come... arghh...

There are many more, but yes, it does get better. I wouldn't trade what I do for the world, the people are great to work with, flying is a blast, and I am getting to do stuff that most people only dream about. "What did you do today?" "Oh, flew down to Key West and did some touch and gos, and enjoed the sunset on the way back looking across the state of Florida.." rough life...

Like I said, just take it in stride, and don't let it get you down, or give up on what you want.

Derrill Thompson

Easy there cool hand luke,

I know its tough, but try not to get frustrated when you hear conflicting information. This is something that will happen to you throughout your military career. The key is that you keep trying to get the right information. Your recruiter is the person who is responsible for you getting to ACES. Press them harder!

Also, don't bet on the fact that just because you've been preliminarily qual'd for SNA, you don't need to go to ACES. I saw three of 15 SNA applicants NPQ at ACES for some reason or another. Get on that recruiter to get you down there before you report to OCS. This trip will also mean that you have a lot less of a physical exam while you are at OCS.

Sarge

unfUSN

I've been getting the same "run around" when I ask about ACES... I just hope and pray that I don't get NPQ'd while at OCS for aviation.

Does anyone know what happens if you loose your slot? Do you get to pick something new, or do they send you home and make you do another application?

ATP

bpikula

quote:
Dear SNA'S and SNFO'S,

My name is Paul, and I have been trying VERY hard to get a slot at ACES. For those who don't know, ACES is a week long program that SNA'S AND SNFO'S can go to in Pensacola before you go to OCS. During that week you get to take a ride in a T34, ride in a simulator, get your flight physical, and do a PRT. Besides the fact that it helps you feel better about being qualified as a pilot or NFO and is FUN, the Navy will fly you in and even pay for your food and housing for the week I believe.

Here is the problem. They HAVE to have 10 people in order to have a class. So, If I could PLEASE get 9 other people (besides me) who would be willing to go respond to this post and tell me what week they will go, hopefully we can make it happen!

Sincerely,

Musiqlover

Edited by - Musiqlover on 04/18/2001 16:19:39

Paul, I would love to attend ACES. I've been bugging the hell out of my recruiter, but getting nowhere. The last thing I want to do is quit my job, leave for OCS, and get canned for flat feet or a funky EKG. If you've got something lined up please let me know! Oh yeah, any week is fine with me, you all can decide that.

Musiqlover

OK, I've got three people including me! I only need 7 more! Please email me as soon as possible, because I would love to try and go next week to ACES. If not, please tell me what weeks you all could do it!

Sincerely,

Musiqlover

PM

Walker

Musiqlover,
Isent you an e-mail about going, but I wasn't sure if you got it. Anyway, I would also like to go to ACES , so let me know. And thanks for trying to start a group to go down there, otherwise I don't think I'd have any chance of going.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Locking topic, go here instead:

http://airwarriors.com/cgi-bin/forum/link.asp?TOPIC_ID=448

Status
Not open for further replies.