• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Asthma NAMI Waiver

StJP4Us

Thread revival. I'm getting conflicting answers from recruiters and sources on the internet.

Is it a reliable diagnosis of asthma after the age of 13 if your mother kept refilling inhalers for you "just in case of emergency"? Even with doctor notations saying "no symptoms for years, never uses, keeps for emergency"? That is the only thing in my medical record after age 13 pertaining to asthma and I'm getting worried that this will DQ me.

exNavyOffRec

Thread revival. I'm getting conflicting answers from recruiters and sources on the internet.

Is it a reliable diagnosis of asthma after the age of 13 if your mother kept refilling inhalers for you "just in case of emergency"? Even with doctor notations saying "no symptoms for years, never uses, keeps for emergency"? That is the only thing in my medical record after age 13 pertaining to asthma and I'm getting worried that this will DQ me.
That could be an issue, if filled and kept on hand that is indicating that there is or could be an issue.

StJP4Us

That could be an issue, if filled and kept on hand that is indicating that there is or could be an issue.
Is there any consideration such as corroborating medical records with doctors saying no symptoms, and notes saying mother insists refills? Or does it not matter?

exNavyOffRec

So at that point it is up to chance on who is reviewing it on that day. Also thanks for always responding haha... it is a huge help.
basically ask what they want, give it to them, and if they say no ask what else they need and get that, until they say there is nothing that can be provided to clear you.

StJP4Us

basically ask what they want, give it to them, and if they say no ask what else they need and get that, until they say there is nothing that can be provided to clear you.
Have you seen cases where N3M rejects stuff cause the files are disorganized or there are too many?

Mos

None

I would recommend seeing a pulmonologist. A documented PFT and letter from the doc won't guarantee a waiver, but couldn't hurt. It helped in my case.