• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

astb tomorrow morning!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tydaddy

bouncy_125.gif
so anxious,
bouncy_125.gif
so anxious,
bouncy_125.gif
so anxious!!!!

BYSun

Good luck
glasses_125.gif
good luck
graduate_125.gif
good luck
captain_125.gif

Let us know how you do.

Bryce

In the end it all comes down to a simple choice, get busy livin' or get busy dyin' - The Shawshank Redemption

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
Good luck! I take mine tomorrow afternoon so I know how you feel. If anyone out there wants to throw out some last minute pointers I'd sure be glad to read them!!!

"Push the stick foward, the houses get bigger; pull back, the houses get smaller... unless you keep pulling back, then they get bigger again."

mimisoko9

I took form 2 on Saturday. Got a little tripped up on the Aviation/Nautical section.

Advice: know a bit about how prop engines and turbo jet engines work. know who the first to orbit the earth was. know how to determine which ship has the right of way. know whether or not stall speed for a jet changes in a turn. know a few names of aerobatic manuevers.

I found that the study guide better prepares you for form 1 aviation/nautical. I have also taken form 2 and don't remember having difficulty with any questions.

tydaddy

6, 6, 6...my recruiter said that that is what i need to be "competative" this year...if it were last year...he said that without a doubt i would've gotten accepted...oh well...now it's time to wait!

and mimisoko9 is right on with his tips...i took form 2 as well!

wildflyin69

3 hours until mine...talk about a bit of anxiousness...

"Push the stick foward, the houses get bigger; pull back, the houses get smaller... unless you keep pulling back, then they get bigger again."

kabttu

wildflyin69,

relax, you'll do fine, will tell ya though, don't waste time on hard ones, skip them and then go back at the end.

Hudson

Wild,
If you go in nervous you will make dumb mistakes. Relax and be confident. Remember Caddy Shack? Be the ball be the ball or in this case be the test.
Scott

wildflyin69

grr...my recruiter had some emergency and had to postpone my test until thursday..it's just as well, I was too nervous. I looked over the material a bit more yesterday and today and suddenly I feel absolutely ready.

Shepherd

Talking about nervousness, when I took the astb I had no time to get nervous. I went straight from my flight physical to the hotel room my recruiter was staying in, to take "some necessary test.” For the first hour my eyes were still dilated, and I had no idea how important this thing was until the next week. It’s a good thing I did OK or I might have gotten pissed.

A posteriori

Status
Not open for further replies.