• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB Tomarrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyBoyChris

WEll everyone, i am going to take the ASTB tomarrow. I don't know why but i am not real nervous right now, actually i am rather relaxed. I can tell you i won't be feeling that way when i walk in to take the test. OK wish me luck. Thank you
Chris

take care thanks

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
"Kick the tires and light the fires boy!" Good luck! Semper Fi! frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMC

FlyBoyChris

OK all the unofficial results are in, i made a 45. My recruiter tells me that that is a good score so i guess i will let it stand. Tuesday i get to go to MEPS for my physical exam yuk. anywho thanks abunch!
Chris

take care thanks

Dave Shutter

Chris...congrats on the test.

I've been bugging the processor at my recruiting station (he seems to be the only guy with the answers) about how my app. is doing and he says that a selection decision is bound to come back real soon because of FY pressure. Apparently OCS students have to start by the end of June (21-23?) in order to be commisioned before the end of this FY. If you got your package together in the next couple weeks and submitted I bet you might get selected right away, if not I think (and I could be very wrong??) you might have to wait for the next FY to start OCS which I believe is NOV 1.

A sitrep on me for those that care: All in all a good week; I found out on Mon. that I was finally granted the all crucial med-waiver for my knee and that my app. is now undergoing the pro-review board. My processor went on to say that once past pro-review and onto community selection that if there are any openings left (100+ I last heard), that you're basically hired. Just what he said though.

Then on Tuesday, 8lbs.,6oz. of Gary Michael Waltz-Shutter was born at 9:18 pm. Can you say Episiotomy boys and girl?! SNIP-SNIP!So I'm a Daddy, now if I can get this pilot thing going this will shape up into a pretty decent year!

D

Edited by - Dave Shutter on 04/07/2001 22:55:20

Dave Shutter

quote:ASTB Tomarrow

BTW Chris, what was your verbal score?

...not that I have room to talk!

D

Edited by - Dave Shutter on 04/07/2001 22:59:38

FlyBoyChris

Well i couldn't tell you my verbal score, i didn't ask, i was so happy that i passed i didn't much care. the only score that i am sure of is the SAT, i only missed one. Surly they send tthe test taker a copy of their offical scores, if they do when i get those i will let you know Dave. by the way, i am applying for the BDCP so it will a while yet before i go off to OCS. Thanks all for the support.
Chris

take care thanks

Falcaner

DCA "Don't give up the ship"
dave..just wanted to say congrat on becomeing a dad it must be awsome!!!!!

have to go to OCS by june to be counted huh..maybe that is why my recuiter donesnt want me to go to OCS in july

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Dave, congrats to you and the family with the new addition. Hope you don't have too many sleepless nights with the little one. Now you just need the acceptance to the aviation pipeline for the icing on the cake. Best of luck.

Dave Shutter

Thanx everyone...

John, he's in that sleep for five minutes, scream for five minutes stage that everyone tells me last about six months. He is beautiful though and yes it does feel awesome.

quote: have to go to OCS by june to be counted huh..maybe that is why my recuiter donesnt want me to go to OCS in july

Like I said, I'm not 100% sure about this though! But I will call and double check, but remember: that will only be what one processor says at one station, he could be wrong too. Also, I wouldn't want to do OCS in July either if I were you, I'm hoping to start and graduate by then but I'm not sure anymore. I would have liked to have not spent the ENTIRE summer PT'ing, getting inspected and what-not, but it might just end up being that way. Oh well, maybe I'll get lucky and get stashed next summer!

D

Tripp

You think you hate it now...
quote:Then on Tuesday, 8lbs.,6oz. of Gary Michael Waltz-Shutter was born at 9:18 pm. Can you say Episiotomy boys and girl?! SNIP-SNIP!So I'm a Daddy, now if I can get this pilot thing going this will shape up into a pretty decent year!
DUDE! How did I miss this?!?! Congrat's on the new addition to your family! I shall smoke a Cohiba (ok, it's really some cheap cigar from Kroger) in his honor.

Chris, good job on the ASTB, and good luck with the BDCP.

Edited by - Tripp on 04/10/2001 01:13:26

Falcaner

DCA "Don't give up the ship"
quote: Also, I wouldn't want to do OCS in July either if I were you, I'm hoping to start and graduate by then but I'm not sure anymore. I would have liked to have not spent the ENTIRE summer PT'ing, getting inspected and what-not, but it might just end up being that way.
hey i know what you mean i had planned to have my app in juanary and get a response in about a month and have plenty of time to be ready for OCS in june. But you know what they say about the best laid plans of mice and men! But i just want to take some time off work before i go and join the military you take a vactotion relax ect. i am NOT looking forward to PT in july hey you gota do what you gota do. hey it could be worse you could be at air farce ots in mongary alabama!

Status
Not open for further replies.