• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Army T-6D (Delta!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Doing the CFI thing this morning with my student and what pulls up on the ramp here at KHAO - a T-6! Maybe another AW dude. Maybe @Jim123 came for a visit!

As the crew disembarks I see the ARMY livery - and these two soldiers promptly set me straight that this is a T-6D, off the same Navy production line - but equipped with hard points and weapons management gear to drop bombs, and shoot rockets and guns!. Cool.

Brand new airplane (less than 100 hrs) - these guys are Navy TPS graduates from Pax and now fly flight test for the US Army - was satisfied to hear both these guys are long time H-60 drivers. Good to go.IMG_0883.jpgIMG_0884.jpgIMG_0886.jpgIMG_0877.jpgIMG_0879.jpgIMG_0881.jpg

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Looks like the Army doesn't get the external rescue handles either.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
The T-6D is one sweet bird. The guy on the left was a TPS classmate of mine. Good to hear he’s doing well!

andrewt

That sounds a lot like the AT-6 Wolverine the USAF is supposed to be evaluating for a light attack plane. Wonder what the Army's interest is in it. Apparently they took delivery of 4 of em for training and mission support.

ChuckMK23

pilot
That sounds a lot like the AT-6 Wolverine the USAF is supposed to be evaluating for a light attack plane. Wonder what the Army's interest is in it. Apparently they took delivery of 4 of em for training and mission support.
The 2 pilots said they use theses T-6’s for flight test chase.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Were these guys out of Huntsville? They used to fly T-34Cs out of there. We had one gentleman that would always come down and fly with the FITU to get annual training. He was a GS (or maybe a contractor) at that point, but flew chase in the T-34 regularly.

ChuckMK23

pilot
Were these guys out of Huntsville? They used to fly T-34Cs out of there. We had one gentleman that would always come down and fly with the FITU to get annual training. He was a GS (or maybe a contractor) at that point, but flew chase in the T-34 regularly.
Affirmative, Huntsville/Redstone

andrewt

"will be stationed at Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, Alabama, and will replace the Beechcraft T-34 aircraft currently in use at the facility."

Maybe they use the hard points for cameras. Seems like a nice weapons test platform but Im not sure if the Army has any armed FW aircraft

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
The T-34C had hardpoints, as well. I wouldn't put a lot of weight into whether what's coming off the line actually matches requirements, especially with Beech no doubt trying to simplify their production line.

Status
Not open for further replies.