• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Army O-3 enlists in the Marine Corps

Hair Warrior

Contributor
I wonder if he did anything overseas before enlisting. Like, if he’s the only recruit sporting a GWOT-EM or IRCM on his service uniform.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
I told the story of being in the same OCS platoon with a Gunny(great dude), and went on to do great things.

On the flip side, there was a sergeant in our platoon that no one was quite sure about (yeah he knew the ropes, how to shine a boot and clean a weapon/ but seemed manipulative). Many years pass, and I see this dude is featured on America's Most Wanted (the tv show). He eventually gets rolled up in Austria (I think) bc he was on an Interpol wanted list. Crazy.

Here's the link...

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
heard a story of a WW2 US submariner who held command at sea of a sub as a LCDR with a battlefield/temporary commission, then after the war he was reverted to and retired as a Chief (with gold dolphins).
It sounds like my uncles story. I don't know if I had told it here before. Best part was he got busted once or twice after the war while serving in the Reserves. Still managed to retire a CPO sporting gold dolphins and, but red stripes.😃

Hair Warrior

Contributor
It sounds like my uncles story. I don't know if I had told it here before. Best part was he got busted once or twice after the war while serving in the Reserves. Still managed to retire a CPO sporting gold dolphins , but red stripes.😃
Maybe I did hear it here from you? Stories tend to stick with me, but I sometimes forget where I heard it. Hope I retold it accurately.

sickboy

pilot
I heard a story of a WW2 US submariner who held command at sea of a sub as a LCDR with a battlefield/temporary commission, then after the war he was reverted to and retired as a Chief (with gold dolphins).

That happened to my granddad. Finished the war as the CO of a cutter and then retired as a 1st Class