• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Armed Forces Vacation Club

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Would taking the free room the Navy is providing (in a nice hotel) in Santiago and commuting via shuttle/taxi/train be worth the savings or should I just eat the hotel in Viña for a few nights?

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Way too far for that. Rent a car and drive. Used to be a toll road too so research the route. Nice drive in the daytime. Avoid leaving/entering Santiago, Vina, Valpo during morning and evening rush hour.

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Haven’t been, but there’s another Olmsted Scholar in Santiago who is one of my best friends. I’ll reach out and see if he has any ideas.

Here’s what he got back to me with.
“it’s pretty easy to knock out the city in a day. Absolutely do the free walking tour, and be sure to visit the pre-colombian art museum and the human rights museum.”

I’ve also attached a few lists his embassy liaison sent him with more things to do as well as hiking suggestions.

Attachments

• Hiking in Santiago.docx
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
  • What to See and Do in Santiago 2019.docx
    187.7 KB · Views: 3

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Ended up scratching bringing the wife out, sked change removed most of the free days I had...but will use this to plan some sweet liberty out there...