• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 6 board

iFly14

pilot
Talked to the Ssgt at the office today, he said results should be in on wednesday. Which increment is everyone going for? I requested orders for the second increment (start 7 July).

Sapper!

Excuse the BS...
Thanks for the heads up. One guy found out his results today but I still haven't heard back anything.

I requested second increment as well to try to knock out a class for the summer, but turns out summer school isn't going to work out anyway. Curious though, I'd take either class , do they try to accomodate said increment or will they still just place you in one regardless?

iFly14

pilot
I just got the call about an hour ago that i got accepted. My OSO said he got the results via email, so i would assume you guys/girls should hear something very soon. For those that are interested and want to know, i have a 290 PFT, 9/9/9 on the ASTB and have like a 3.37 GPA with a Physics major. My OSO did tell me that there were 6 guys on the list with 300 PFT's that did not get selected. So i really believe that they were after more than just high PFT scores. I wish you all the best of luck over the next day or so, and i hope to hear that others got selected also. It's quite the relief to finally know and not have to be thinking about it allllll the time.

Sapper!

Excuse the BS...
Wow that is awesome! Congratulations and good luck!

Have to say those are some great stats, I'm not even close to that level of performance~PFT 275, 7/7/7 55 ASTB and 2.9 GPA chemical engineering, prior service.

Come to find out these boards are rolling boards, they just get looked at when they get looked at. I'm not sure if it as actually any different than how the Navy does things but they just say the boards are on going at least and don't give a date that results are expected.

Eddie987

Just as a comparison for those who did make it: my application was sent to the April 6 selection board with a 274 PFT, 6/6/7 ASTB, and a 2.52 GPA in electrical engineering. This was my first selection board and I was not chosen for this summer's PLC. I'm meeting with my OSO tomorrow to go over my application and see where I can improve, but it's obvious that my GPA is what's hurting the most followed by my PFT.

getswole0763

Howdy yall. I was selected during this April board for first increment PLC this summer. I was selected NFO and my ASTB was 6/6/6 with a pft of 279 and gpa of 3.1 in Business Admin. I had quite a few extra curriculars and prior NROTC experience which I believe helped a lot. Good luck to all who haven't heard yet.

Sapper!

Excuse the BS...
Just got word back today that my age waiver for SNA was approved! Going to sign the contract tomorrow, wish me some luck!

Sapper!

Excuse the BS...
Your slightest wish... is our greatest command...Best O' Luck!:cool:
BzB
Thanks BzB, I'll need all the luck I can get!

Sapper,

When did you submit your age waiver request?

About a month and a half ago, I'm hearing 2 months for most but hear say is that they pushed them all out before the deadline to submit for this coming PLC session. Seems that mine went a little bit faster because of that.

PS did the conditional enlistment and OSO wants me back for another PFT in a week. Blah, 275 isn't good enough....nuts. I'll get that 285+ this time around!

LFDtoUSMC

pilot
Contributor
Good deal. Thanks for the gouge. Congrats on selection.

Hit that PFT hard. I've been using a combo of the Killers Crunch workout and Recon Ron using 10lb leg weights to increase resistance. Works wonders.

Sapper!

Excuse the BS...
Good deal. Thanks for the gouge. Congrats on selection.

Hit that PFT hard. I've been using a combo of the Killers Crunch workout and Recon Ron using 10lb leg weights to increase resistance. Works wonders.

No problems I know it is hard to actually get a handle on good info out here on the ol' internet(s). I didn't get selected yet but I should know within the next week or two I'd imagine.

Did that second PFT Tuesday and it was worse! I'm not sure it was finals keeping me up for a week straight or if I am just weak sauce but my score was 20/85/22:20 (good god it was painful for some reason) vs the 19/100/21:40. Oh well I gave it a shot and we will see what happens now. I'll google those two workouts above and maybe I can blast into shape. I defintely felt like a B*(#& after doing so poorly on the crunch part.

iFly14

pilot
I personally found that simply tucking my toes under the couch and trying to replicate the crunch i do for the PFT as much as possible and/or doing that they call a double crunch worked well for my abs. I will also say that i ran 3 times a week doing a long run(5-6mi), sprint work (120m repeats, 400m repeats, 800m repeats) and a 2 or 3 mile run got me into decent shape. IDK what your current plan is, you are probably doing more than this, but i do recommend changing up the runs. also if you can run a PFT with someone else who is a bit faster than you then try to pace off of them, and keep up really helps your time. As for pull-ups, i didn't do anything special other than do them at least once a day either reping out (at least 20) or holing a 10lb medicine ball between my legs and do pull-ups. Again, i'm just throwing out what worked for me. Take what you like, and ignore it all if you don't like it at all!!! :) Good luck with selection.

Sapper!

Excuse the BS...
Hey man great tips and oddly enough I'm using house furniture to do crunches with. Board results back today and I was a non-select. Not very surprising as there were not many slots left! Final stats were:

275 PFT
3.12 GPA
6/7/7 55
7 LORs (2xO-6 supervisors (one was a company commander at Quantico before leaving the Marines, CO, XO, CWO and current aviator, Professor, PLT LDR)
Prior service Army 5.5 yrs, OIF and OEF combat tours doing RTE clearance
(BSM Service award, good conduct, combat action badge, NCO professional development schools ARCOM 2x, AAM, etc, etc, etc)
Student Pilots Lic (10 hrs)
VA volunteer
National match shooter
SCUBA diver
all kinds of hobbies/activities

Age waiver was approved
Tattoo waiver was approved

Honestly, I can say I always threw 110% at my time in the Army but it wasn't anything special, a job is a job. Awards always humbled me but if I take anything away from my experiences after the fact, are the things that were written in my LORs when applying for OCS. There were some fantastic people in my corner and I'm damn flattered by that. They meant more to me than the selection (or lack thereof).

I'll give it a whack next go round, with a 300 PFT to boot. Good luck at OCS fellas!

MonkUSMC

Playing the waiting game
Just found out this morning I got accepted. Had to reapply for the May board because my SAT scores didn't arrive in time. I had a 276PFT, 7/8/8 ASTB, 2.5GPA (only 2 classes done last semester, lol), 5 LORs (1 retired Marine Colonel), OEF vet. I guess more people like to fly in the Louisiana district. Goodluck on your next board Sapper, a 300PFT should give you a great chance.