• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Apply now or in Sept? Med Waiver needed..

SociaBella

Hey,

So I've been pondering this for a bit now and I can't seem to come to a conclusion on my own about applying now or in September..

OCS is something I have my mind set on, and I'm willing to do whatever I can to get into it. I graduated college in 3 1/2 years, had 2 concurrent jobs during the final 2 of these years, had great grades (3.7 GPA), was active in the community, & am in quite good physical standing. But there's one tiny (and by tiny I mean rather Substantial) problem: I was on zoloft until September of last year.. and a year ago I attempted suicide. Bad news, I know.
My doctor and pastor are more than willing to write LORs explaining that I'm stable now.. And I am! I had a traumatic event that I went through (rape), and we all believe that the meds and gesture were situational b/c of it.

I'm looking for some honest advice: Do whatever I can, do the best I can on the ASTB, and send in the application & attempt for a waiver? Or are the odds stacked against me? And because I didn't stop the meds till Sept.. do I apply now with the waiver.. or wait until Sept of this year to apply for the first time (in which case I'll still need a waiver for the "S" word)?

Thank you in advance.