• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Application Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bravo14

My recruiter called and told me that he was missing some reference documents for my application. However, he never adequately explained what they were(the documents) and does not like entertaining questions. I have contacted personal references and asked them to write a letter of reference on my behalf. Most have sent them in. What else could the recruiter need from my references?

Secondly, is it possible to change recruiters in middle of the OCS application process? I have not been impressed so far, and I am often left in the dark about this process and posting questions on this site. Any first hand knowledge would be helpful. Thanks.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Bravo14,

Your recruiter sounds like a jackass. How can he not like to entertain question? He's a recruiter for crying out loud!!! Be more assertive and ask him for exactly what you're missing. If I had to guess, I bet you live a ways from a relatively large recruiting office. I don't know if you can switch recruiters, but you can sure as hell ask. Have you spoken to any of the other officer recruiters? Maybe you can ask to see if one of them will take over your package. Good luck, it's unfortunate that recruiters range from friggin' awesome to complete a-holes.

JKD

I don't know how far you are from the recruiter, but I would go to the office and ask to see the file they have started on you. You can check to see what they have, and what they do not have.
Other than the reference letters, there is a spot of the application (at least the form I'm working with) to list their name/position/affiliation/phone number/email. Maybe some of this information is missing?
Still, it may be worth a trip to look it over and express your concern (calling ahead to make sure the recruiter will be there may also be a good idea).

04Hopeful

EA3 -> IS3 -> Intel O1(hopefully)
You know you really should ask for a new recruiter or confront him becuase they are there to work with you. Mine has been excellent making sure there all the paperwork is there and in the proper form which according to him can be quite specific. If you are close to San Diego I can put you in contact with mine.

mmm did you send in your application already? Mine took a really long time to go though the board because I guess they need to get ahold of ALL of your past employers from the past like four years or so and they were haveing problems getting ahold of one of mine (it was because they went out of buisness) so once I told them that it was alright... maybe it's a problem like that???

NeoCortex

Castle Law for all States!!!
pilot
Talk to one of the officers at the station and tell them your problems, they may or may not help. (Try for a Jr. Officer, you'll have better luck.)

Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.