• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Apologies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mustang64p

pilot
I just wanted to take a moment to apologize to the Forum for my actions last week. While I didn't actually post the results I did tell anyone who asked if they were on the list. At that moment I was excited and just wanted to share that excitement with everyone else after our long wait for results. Upon careful reconsideration however, I realize that it was a poor choice on my part. By releasing information prior to its official release it damages the overall experience for all those selected (including myself). To already know when your chain of command comes to present you with the official "news" was not ideal. While I was obviously still excited, it would have been better for myself, and most others I'm sure, if the word was presented for the first time from your chain of command. I hope that my actions did not ruin the experience too much for anyone and if it did I am sorry. I have learned a lesson here, one that I will share with my fellow shipmates. Congratulations to all of my fellow selectees and for those not as fortunate this year, do not give up. Stay strong and you to will realize your dream very soon.

Sincerely,
Mustang64p

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Got it ... and MAHALO for your apology. It's accepted by all the Webmaster & the MOD-SQUAD , I am sure. (Although I do not presume to speak for ANYONE - just a 'sense' of how we normally roll ... )

BUT: as a general rule on Air Warriors -- Air Warriors DOES NOT WANT TO BE THE WEBSITE THAT ANNOUNCES 'STUFF' PRIOR TO IT'S PUBLIC RELEASE BY DOD !!!

It's to cover our '6' ... and to maintain our credibility w/in NAVAIR ... and some other reasons, as well.

Thanks for your apology, again ... and CLOSED.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Well, I do speak for Airwarriors, and as usual, A4s has hit on my sentiments exactly. Whether it is advancement or selection results, mishap information or anything you might use your common sense that shouldn't be on the web (OPSEC/INFOSEC), we don't want it here on Airwarriors until it is promulgated in an official/releasable channel by the DOD/NAVY/MARINES, etc. An emailed copy of the message traffic that isn't available via the NAVADMIN portal (etc), and is obviously meant for CO's to congratulate their selected personnel, and encourage those that didn't make it (as in this case).... well, just resist the urge to forward it on.

Mustang64p, +1 rep for taking the time post that, swallow some pride, and admit what you did to the forum at large. Plus helping out others in making sure they don't make the same mistake. Good on ya.

Keeping the thread closed, I don't think it would become a dogpile, but I think the important things have already been said.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.