• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

API After Action 2019

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
PCL = power control lever, i.e., what the rest of us call the throttle. But that's hilarious that you think anyone would want to die with a pocket checklist (PCL) in their hands.
Erhm . . .
Haha fly or die baby. I’ll die with my hand on a PCL and stick.
You really don't have to enjoy studying NATOPS quite that much . . .

c35.gif

Pags

N/A
pilot
Yes. But regardless of platform, it's doing what it's called. You set the power you are requesting, and then the engine schedules what it needs to give you that power. Sure you might be manipulating a different widget, but the PCLs in both aircraft are doing the same thing.
True as to the function they perform. I was merely commenting on how in the 60 the PCLs were put in to FLY and left there for normal flight while in the 34 you continually adjusted the PCL throughout the flight.

PMPT

To add further to the already excellent contributions. Don't dick about in Ground school during primary. Don't dick about in API and fail. There is zero reason to let one (or two) of your three strikes be for basically quite easy exams in API and ground school. I've already seen a few IPCs and FPCs resulting from people rolling into ground school with 1 API failure, failing an exam in ground school, and then failing a flight. Take it seriously and finish API and ground school with your academic record intact. Chances are that you will foul something up at some point and there is no point having already used up one or two of your get out of jail free cards for that.

thosefreakinATs

insert witty comment here
pilot
best advice i ever got in relation to flight school....

Be humble, and enjoy every damn minute of it. It the easiest 2 years of your career and you will miss every minute of it when its over. After a shit flight getting worn down by your IP, take a moment to appreciate what youre doing. I really wish i could get 6 months of paid beach hours back.

office5.jpg