• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AOCS Application Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgrubb

Well, my application is complete and will be sent off next week to be reviewed. My recruiter has been fairly reserved when it comes togiving me an indication of my chances for getting a pilot slot. So, I thought I would pose to those people who have been/are/will be going through the selection process. What do you all think the chances of getting a pilot are based on the following info?

I got 7's and 8's and a 63 on the ATSB (but I am not sure how good that is), I have a 3.7 undergrad GPA in Philosophy and MAth,a 4.0 GPA in my Philosophy MA, and fairly good PRT scores.

I am a little anxious about the application process and would like to get any feedaback any of you guys might have.

Thanks

Chris G.

Memphis, TN

magnum

CGRUBB-

It sounds like you have a very competitive packet-I do not see any reason why they would not select you-Based upon this forum I have seen both extremes get selected(by extremes I mean GPA,ASTB SCORES, PRT)However, like they say you cannot predict what the selection board is thinking on that particular day. GOOD LUCK!

P.S.
The interview recommendations carry ALOT of weight.(WORD TO THE WISE!!)

cgrubb

Magnum,
Thanks for the info.
What exactly are "interview recommendations"? Are you talking about the recommednation based on an interview with my recruiter that he includes in my application, or is there some other interview that comes later on?

Chris G.

Memphis, TN

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Chris,

What he is talking about is an Officer interview. In the past one had to do two interviews with officers. The Navy stopped doing this about 2 months ago or so so dont sweat it.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.