• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone live in Whiting Pines Housing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elder

US Coast Guard C-130 Demonstration Team
Has a digital camera and wouldn't mind snapping several pictures from inside/outside the house? :eek:) Trying to make spouse happy.

We were originally looking at renting, but A) not sure we can if there is housing and B) if I can throw that DLA at a bill instead of deposits, well, giddy up.

So, if someone has some time, and wouldn't mind, I'd appreciate. I'd even provide email address if you didn't want to post the pictures here.

I also understand they are remodeling 117 units.. that include officer quarters? :)

Thanks!

E

Rainman

pilot
Most of them aren't carpeted, but the location is nifty.

I thought you didn't get DLA if you lived in government housing?

Elder

Thanks for the info. I figured they weren't carpeted. Growing up as an Army brat, and being in Govt Quarters twice in my Coast Guard career, I'm sorta apprehensive. :)

Still would be nice to show the wife some pictures if anyone has any. ;)

As far as DLA goes...

http://www.dtic.mil/perdiem/faqdla.html

U5610 ELIGIBILITY

A. Member With Dependents.

A member with dependents is entitled to a DLA when dependents:

1. Relocate in connection with a PCS,

2. Move in connection with the closure or realignment of a military installation (see par. U5630-B12),

3. Move to a designated place incident to an evacuation (IAW pars. U6012 and U6059), or

4. As otherwise authorized in this Part.

B. Member without Dependents.

A member without dependents is authorized DLA when:

1. Relocated in connection with a PCS to a PDS where Government quarters are not assigned, or

2. Ordered to, and actually does, move in connection with the closure or realignment of a US Installation (see par. U5630-B12).

In the circumstances of par. U5610-B1, DLA entitlement continues to exist if Government quarters' assignment and occupancy upon arrival at a new PDS is for a period of 60 or fewer days. When calculating the 60 days, exclude days the member is deployed or TDY. In justifiable cases, up to 60 additional days may be authorized/approved by the member's commanding officer for a maximum of 120 days. NOTE: See pars. U5630-B14 and U5630-E for regulations applicable to member-married-to-member couples.

And there's some other stuff as far as receiving DLA twice in a Fiscal Year.. but, there seems to be a positive spin ...

Q5: Can I receive more than one DLA payment in the same year?

Answer: DLA payment limitations are based on a fiscal year. Ordinarily members are entitled to only one DLA payment per fiscal year. However, there are some exceptions. For more information, please see JFTR, par. U5620. If you still have questions please contact your local finance office.

U5620 FISCAL YEAR LIMITATION ON PAYMENT OF DLA

A. General.

Under 37 U.S.C. § 407, members are entitled to only one DLA during a fiscal year, unless the:

1.Secretary concerned determines the exigencies of the Service require more than one PCS during the current fiscal year (The authority to make this determination may be delegated no lower than general/flag officer level in the Army, Navy, Air Force, O-6 in the Marine Corps, at the headquarters level that directs assignments for the Service concerned. Based on SECDEF memo "Waiver Authority for Dislocation Allowance Entitlements" of 5 June 1995, this authority for humanitarian or Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP) assignments may be delegated to O-6 level at the headquarters that direct humanitarian or EFMP assignments for the Service concerned.);

2. Member is on PCS to, from, or between courses conducted, controlled and managed by one or more of the Services;

3. Eligible dependents are relocated to a designated place incident to an evacuation (see par. U6012 and U6059);

4. Movement of a member's household is made in conjunction with a national emergency or in time of war;

5. Movement of a member and/or dependents is made as envisioned by pars. U5630-B6, B8 or B10; or

6. Movement of member’s and or dependents household is made in connection with closure or realignment of a military installation.

Elder

Been there, Rainman. Been there.

1990, I've been in the Coast Guard a year.. just graduated YN "A" School, transferred to Marine Safety Office Honolulu.

"Welcome to Honolulu. The barracks are for ship and base personnel. We have no government lease program. You have to live on the economy. Good luck."

If I was lucky, I could rent a VERY VERY small studio and not pay toooo much out of my pocket. (Everything is small in Hawaii). It was either that or get a room-mate. OOOORRR.. get married to the first Mrs. Elder. :|

So, I did.. and got a 3 bedroom house in Red Hill. 3 bedrooms for 2 people..

Always screwing the single member.. always.
timebomb_125.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.