• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ANYONE APPLY FOR OCC 183 YET?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbs77

List your stats if you have or are planning to apply for 183.

Contract - SNFO
OSO - Champaign, IL.
ASTB in May
PFT - 288 unofficial
GPA - 3.25
Age - 25

Thanks

Semper Fi, Do or Die, Gung-ho Gung-ho Gung-ho

jwnole

Is that the October class?
If so, I'm applying for 183.

gpa: 2.7
ASTB: 6,7,6
Unofficial pft @ 240, official test next thurs, flight physical tomorrow at NAS Pensacola

Semper Fi,
good luck

-josh

megrey06

Kingsville
Class 183 starts 1 June '03.
ASTB: 6/7/6
GPA: 2.6 (My weak link)
PFT: 280 (unofficial, my last official in October '02 was 241)

Good luck to everyone.

-Matt

Proverbs 3:5-6

jwnole

Ah, so I guess 184 is my class. Good, because I took my flight physical today and was NPQ'd for....get this......a cavity! Everything else was perfect. I guess its off to the dentist for me.

davidsin

Contract: Air/SNFO
class: OCC 183
OSO: Los Angeles

ASTB: don't remember, but i passed
GPA: 3.2
PFT: 267 official

-------------------------
"Brothers and allies, my own beautiful dogs from hell! This next wave will be the day's last. Cinch up your balls, men, for one final surpassing effort. The enemy believes us exhausted and anicipates dispatching us to the underworld beneath his onslaught of fresh, rested troops. What he doesn't know is we're alredy there. We crossed the line hours ago."

Dithyrambos

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Topher1235- What's you run time? I'm sure that your maxing on pulls and crunches. Let me know how you got to such a low run time. I'm a skinny guy, so this should be attainable for me sometime in the future. Thanks.

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.
-Col.3:23-

gsavy10

Applying for SNA
ASTB: 8,7,8
PFT: 280, unofficial
GPA: 2.7
banghead_125.gif

District of Columbia

topher1235

EA-6B1:
I ran an 18:35, I will be completing one more before I submit in April(b/c I've lowered my run time since then). Mainly on MWF I run between 3 and 4.5 miles and the terrain I shoot for is hilly. T/Th I alternate between 440's(10 with splits of <90sec.), stairs(about 20min), and running in boots (1.5miles). You have plenty of time ot lower your time(what is your run time?), a reference that I have not used but may be helpful is http://www.ocs.usmc.mil/MPFT.htm. Pretty much these suggestions were given to me by my father, and so far it has worked for both of us. Let me know how you do.

Topher

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
explain the 440's in depth please. I'm a long ways off from running anything worthy. Just getting in the routine of running about 5 times a week. thanks man. semper fi.

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.

jwnole

I believe the 440s to which he refers are quarter miles. As in once around a track. I could be wrong. But not usually.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Ok. I ran track in high school, and that's what I was thinking. I ran the open 400 and the 4x400 relay, so that race is familiar to me. I was confused because I thought it was 440 meters, and I was like "how do you get that on a track?" Four 400 meter runs at 90 seconds a piece. Now, everything is cleared up. Good to go jwnole. Topher if we have this wrong, let me know. Semper Fi

megrey06

Kingsville
Hey guys,
Just some quick gouge. I was told by my OSO yesterday that the OCC-183 board begins on 17 March [this is the district board for my area(southeast), others may be different]. Let me know if you guys here the same thing.

-Matt

Proverbs 3:5-6

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Matt, where are you from in the southeast? I'm from there and it seems that a lot of people on this board aren't, so I was just curious. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.