• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

anybody pro rec then not accepted??

Status
Not open for further replies.

navsup

BDCP Supply
HEY GUYS, I'M A KNEW MEMBER AND HAVE LEARNED ALOT FROM THIS SITE. I APPLIED FOR BDCP IN APRIL AND RECENTLY HAVE GOTTEN THE PROFESSIONAL RECOMMENDATION FROM THE SUPPLY BOARD. I'M WONDERING IF ANYBODY ON HERE HAS RECEIVED A PRO REC AND THEN NOT GET ACCEPTED?
THANKS FOR THE INFO. I WISH I WOULD HAVE FOUND THIS SITE A YEAR AGO.

agunter

Once you're professionally recommended I think you're pretty much in, barring you can pass the physical and the PRT, and they don't find anything shady on your EPSQ. I just found out today I have been professionally recommended to supply.

navsup

BDCP Supply
MY RECRUITER HAD ME FILL OUT THE EPSQ, GO TO MEPS AND DO THE PRT TEST A LONG TIME AGO BEFORE I EVEN GOT THE PRO-REC FROM SUPPLY. SINCE I KNOW I PASSED THE PRT AND MEPS, AND WOULDNT HAVE ANY PROBLEM WITH THE EPSQ I'M NOT TO WORRIED YET.
agunter, HOW LONG HAS YOUR APPLICATION PROCESS TAKEN? HOW LONG DO YOU HAVE TILL GRADUATION. I'M SCHEDULED TO GRADUATE IN MAY 2005.
Laxanation-- FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND, A PRO REC MEANS YOU PASSED THE BOARD IN MILLINGTON. BASICALLY ITS A PRELIMINARY YES ON YOUR ADVANCED DOCUMENTS.

RobNLa

Hey Navsup,

I posted a similar forum, and I did not hear of a single applicant who was prof rec'd but who didn't make final selection. I asked my recruiter's civilian processor if she knew of any instances where this was the case. She told me that unless you are hiding something (ie. convictions or medical) you are more or less in. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Rob

navsup

BDCP Supply
ROB, THANKS FOR THE INFO. I GUESS I'M JUST GETTING NERVOUS BECAUSE IT HAS TAKEN A LOT LONGER TO GET AN ANSWER THAN I THOUGHT IT WOULD. SINCE I FOUND THIS SITE AND REALIZED THAT THIS WAIT IS TYPICAL, THE STRESS HAS STARTED TO GO AWAY.

navsup

BDCP Supply
RobNLa, I still havent heard anything. I got the pro-rec on july 25th and then on august 22nd I got a call that they had lost my color vision test, so I went to my local doctor to take that, passed it, and faxed it the same day. I havent heard anything since then. Im getting the impression that the supply board which I applied for only meets at the end of the month.(pro-rec at the end of july, then test missing at end of august) I got word of the pro rec and missing test near the last friday of the months. So I am hoping that I will hear something at the end of this month. What did you apply for? How long has it been since you got the pro-rec?

I read this from contrail_dash in the ocs forum:

Yeah so reading through my file here, I find out that I was pro req'd for SNA and didn't even know it nor was I informed. But no slots when I applied equals no slot.

Not to bust any bubbles out there....just letting ya know.

Oh yeah, new SNA/NFO requirement numbers are gonna be out soon...heads up!!!!!

it sounds like he was qualified but didnt get it after being prorec.

I guess all we can do is wait. Im trying not to speculate but it has been a lot of ups and downs. I read what I think is good news then I read this which seems bad.

My recruiter still says He thinks I should have no problem. But he has been recruiting for a year and hasnt got anybody in. I'm the first person he has gotten a pro-rec. but also I live in the middle of oklahoma, navy doesnt exactly have a presence here!!

Good luck

navsup

BDCP Supply
agunter, have you heard anything else from the supply board? What day did you get word of the pro-rec? also have you sent the other documents? It would be cool if we both get in and end up at school together. when would be your projected ocs date? I graduate in may 2005 so I would be sometime after that.

agunter

I heard on August 18 about the pro rec. I still have to finish the EPSQ and the PRT (tommorow) and send that stuff in. I think those are the only things I am missing. I am also graduating in May 2005. I'm sure my OCS date would be later that summer or early in the fall. Maybe we'll end up going together.

navsup

BDCP Supply
Nope still no word. my recruiter said hes is 95% sure it would be this month. something about it being the end of the fiscal year and the navy having new numbers or something like that. I read your other post, good luck to all, lets keep each other posted.

RobNLa

Navsup,
I'm still waiting too. I was told the same thing. End of the fiscal...yada..yada. Should be this month or early October. Good luck guys.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.