• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Any Intel Officers around the Atlanta area?

tonio

If not I really don't care, I will literally fly across the country to get an interview done. I am a 29 year old candidate that is highly interested in becoming a Naval Intel Officer. This posting is kind of a long shot but if anyone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

tonio

I appreciate the reply, I have talked with a recruiter and I was trying to be proactive in putting my package together. I have the LOR's done I just wanted to do a couple of interviews as well. I'll give the recruiter a call as well.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Perhaps there are some reserve Intel Officers who live in the area who could help you out. If not, the big schoolhouse for Intel folk is in Pensacola so if you're willing to make a few phone calls and a drive, then go for it.

Shpion1

Contributor
try this. http://www.informationwarriors.net/index.php

Don't think there are too many 1630s on this board. Jacksonville/mayport has quite a few only 6 hrs away. NAS Jax squadrons and P-3 Wing, If still the same, the JAX SSO is a reserve 1630 Captain. Mayport has at least a acdu CDR. You could set up a day and get 3 interviews.

Devil Duck

There's a reserve Intel unit located aboard Ft. Gillem (RIA-14). Your recruiter should be able to arrange interviews on your behalf. I interviewed for Intel back in August, along with about 15 others. I believe only two of us got picked up. The interviews consisted of one with either an O4/5, one with an O6 and the other with the RIPO.

I've recently commissioned as a 1635, drilling at Gillem with RIA-14. Feel free to PM and I'll share my experiences with the application process.

tonio

I certainly appreciate the replies, after some talking it was expressed to me that since I'm technically applying as a civilian (although I am in the AF Reserve) interviews are not required. I was preparing to apply for the Air Force then decided to try the Navy so the majority of my package is done but I would love insight on the process. I'll shoot a pm. Thanks.

OnTopTime

ROBO TACCO
None
I certainly appreciate the replies, after some talking it was expressed to me that since I'm technically applying as a civilian (although I am in the AF Reserve) interviews are not required. I was preparing to apply for the Air Force then decided to try the Navy so the majority of my package is done but I would love insight on the process. I'll shoot a pm. Thanks.

My advice to you is to triple check the information about interviews not being required, because I am 99% sure that is not accurate.

Devil Duck

I second OnTopTime, without interviews you may find yourself in the incomplete packet category and unable to compete.

tonio

I appreciate the replies, as suggested here I'll move forward with the Interviews even if I have to set them up myself. I'm taking the ASTB in about a week but in the meantime I have written up my motivational statement, anyone care to review?

niketaylor

If not I really don't care, I will literally fly across the country to get an interview done. I am a 29 year old candidate that is highly interested in becoming a Naval Intel Officer. This posting is kind of a long shot but if anyone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

I'm from the Atlanta area. My OR was CWO Dark. He's a very good guy to work with.

goopscoop

I interviewed with the RIPO in Atlanta same selection board as Devil Duck but my recruiter worked out the details and contacts. All in all he set up my interviews (in sequence) with an O5, O6 and the RIPO (phone and in person). Being proactive is fine but you need to coordinate with the recruiter on this step as it is very important, especially the RIPO endorsement. It's an interesting process to say the least.

I'm drilling in Norfolk as a newly commissioned 1635. You can also PM me if you want. If I don't know the answers, there are a ton of great officers on this forum that will be happy to provide the right gouge.

Devil Duck

. . . I have written up my motivational statement, anyone care to review?
I'm more than willing to take a read and provide constructive recommendations.

As an aside, I did the first weekend of INDOC in ATL last week. The ALT NOSC breaks it up over two drills. I must have gotten the special treatment, as out of the four newly commissioned ENS, I was the only one that got stuck five times and lost three vials of blood. Just my luck.