• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Any Intel Guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
I'm not sure what the lady or gentleman who started the thread wanted to know, but I know one thing I am curious about is what type of stuff do you do on a day-to-day basis as an Intel O? Does it consist mainly of administration duties and delegation to enlisted Intel men, or does it involve getting your hands dirty doing the applied work as well? Or, if you just want to volunteer whatever info you can/want to, that would be pleasing as well! :)

bennett4362

deployment sucks
my dh is at ocs right, excuse me, trying to start ocs (for two weeks now :)); he's an intel officer, and there are about 15 or so others in his class that are intel officers. not that i'll be able to really answer any questions, but i'd like to hear what info any others have.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
bennett4362 said:
my dh is at ocs right, excuse me, trying to start ocs (for two weeks now :)); he's an intel officer, and there are about 15 or so others in his class that are intel officers. not that i'll be able to really answer any questions, but i'd like to hear what info any others have.

semantics, he is GOING TO BE an intel officer

jlorenz

metro said:
...but I know one thing I am curious about is what type of stuff do you do on a day-to-day basis as an Intel O? Does it consist mainly of administration duties and delegation to enlisted Intel men, or does it involve getting your hands dirty doing the applied work as well? :)

Day to day basis....really depends on the type of billet you're going to. New junior intel officers going to squadrons, carriers, big deck amphibs, or the occasional JIC all have different daily tasks, but their job usually revolves around either defining the current threat, indications and warning, targeting, or collections. Admin duties do take up some time, but again it depends on what type of unit you're attached to, what job you have at that unit, and what point in the deployment cycle you're at. Real intel work can sometimes take a back seat to other command functions (clearances / classified security) when your unit is in port. :sleep_125

Status
Not open for further replies.