• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

any ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

threekgt

i need some info. I am 26 yrs old applying for SNA. I turn 27 in december. My packet was mailed on tuesday of last week. MY OAR 58, 7,8,8. My recruiter tells me on test day that i am a shoe in to be selected with the high astb score and well rounded package. He then calls me the day after mailing my package to tell me that he was informed that the goal for fy'05 sna has been trimmed and is oversold by one so my chances of selection now are slim to none. I know it usually takes a month or so to find something out. I am non prior so would there be any possibility of me getting an age waiver. It seems silly that a couple months would cost me the chance to fly, when by his own words i am more qualified than many of the candidates he has seen be selected for this year. He says that i will definitely still be picked up for NFO, but i would rather fly a helocopter than sit in the back seat of a hornet and he knows that. What may happen as far as attrition or drops that would better my chances between now and selection or am i just grabbing at straws?? any info would be appreciated.

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
I can't speak intelligently about about the selection process, but I can tell you that the numbers and gouge about the training commands changes daily. The trend now does seem to be one of over population with few people selecting 1395, but that can all change practically over night. Navy is real big on the knee jerk reaction....AH we have too many.... don't take any....AH now we don't have enough, take everyone..

I guess the point to my rambling is not to sweat it too much, not much you can do about it now that your package is in.
GOod luck

Status
Not open for further replies.