• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Any ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

goplay234

Hummer NFO
None
I am trying to look for things to do other than work out before I head to api. Any ideas? Pretty much all I do is go to my stash job and work out. It's pretty boring.
banghead_125.gif
Is there anything I can look at or study up on to get ready? Let me know. Thanks.

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
Things are pretty much taught by the instructors in the way you will need to know it for the tests, so studying early will probably just result in you studying too much info. Running isnt the biggest thing to worry about, but swimming is. Except for the first day when you do a PFA, you will be swimming every single day. I personally hate doing the crawl/freestyle in a flight suit...its not a real survival stroke but it builds endurance. If you have civilian flight books that might help you get ahead on weather. See if you can get the API books early or look over the gouge pages. Bryan Weatherup has an awesome one.

smittyrunr

pilot
Contributor
I would recommend just enjoying your time off, but as I know it can get boring, if you can't find API books (the text is floating around the internet somewhere), go buy a FAR/AIM from the bookstore and start reading. Some of it will be pretty irrelevant at this point, but the sections on Airport markings, Airspaces, and ATC will be covered in API.

unfUSN

Originally posted by smittyrunr
I would recommend just enjoying your time off, but as I know it can get boring, if you can't find API books (the text is floating around the internet somewhere), go buy a FAR/AIM from the bookstore and start reading. Some of it will be pretty irrelevant at this point, but the sections on Airport markings, Airspaces, and ATC will be covered in API.

If you want to get a head start you can try looking at Bryanweatherup.com it has pretty good gouge and will give you a head start. Don't bother with the Weather stuff... it is out dated for the modt part. 4 weeks isn't that long, and if you can get a head start now... I would.

ENS Payne

unfUSN

Originally posted by smittyrunr

If you want to get a head start you can try looking at Bryanweatherup.com it has pretty good gouge and will give you a head start. Don't bother with the Weather stuff... it is out dated for the modt part. 4 weeks isn't that long, and if you can get a head start now... I would.

ENS Payne

Status
Not open for further replies.