• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Any Current or Past MIDN have any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

usnafury

I've gotten my entire application for USNA in, excluding the medical stuff, which I'm doing Friday. I'm applying for the senatorial nominations and all that as well. But I want to go to USNA so badly. It's my first choice, and I'd be devastated if I didn't get in. Does anyone have any advice on things I could do to show Admissions that I want to go to the Academy more than anywhere else? Or is there anything I can do to get ahead? Thanks for all your help!

cdb21

Um your post has already been covered, read the board and you will find what you seek. You also better check that devesated stuff at the door, a lot of screwed up shiznit can happen so do not put all your eggs in one basket. Have man, many, many contingency plans.

valheru

usnafury said:
I've gotten my entire application for USNA in, excluding the medical stuff, which I'm doing Friday. I'm applying for the senatorial nominations and all that as well. But I want to go to USNA so badly. It's my first choice, and I'd be devastated if I didn't get in. Does anyone have any advice on things I could do to show Admissions that I want to go to the Academy more than anywhere else? Or is there anything I can do to get ahead? Thanks for all your help!

the world will not end if you do not make it to the academy this year. you can always apply next year as well. and the year after that, etc. but if you choose to be persistant like that, ensure that you are going to college in the meantime. i assume you have applied to the other academies as well?

remember, sometimes the best things in life are unanswered prayers. :)
Matt
class of '01

flynhi

cdb and val are right! I should know because I went to SS and got a nomination last year. BIG DEAL! I'm applying again but if I don't make it this time I'm not trying again. I received a scholarship so I'll be in NROTC this year.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It will suck a lot if you do get rejected. I wanted to go to USNA my whole life. I had received a letter of assurance, nomination, and then in February I learned my medical waiver was denied and I would not be joining the class of 2008. I was really upset (understatement of the century) but now I realize that I'm going to an awesome school with an awesome NROTC program, and, hey, I'm not a miserable plebe getting up for PEP at 0dark30 right now.

But you can reapply. On the off chance I don't like Vanderbilt (which I don't think is likely) I would reapply for class of 2009.

Status
Not open for further replies.