• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anthropometric issues (are you too big or even too small or...)

vicki

Hey All,

Does anybody out there have any experience with the anthro requirements / fit check situation for SNAs? Do most people pass fit checks? I require fit checks for virtually all fleet aircraft and am restricted from helos. Any info, both true and second hand gouge would be appreciated. Thank you much.

FLY NAVY!

Vicki

Edited by - vicki on 10/05/2000 21:59:09

vicki

Matt,

I am 5'2 3/4" with a sitting height of 34.1", a functional reach of 28.8", a buttock knee length of 21.6" and a buttock leg length of 38.1". I know that when I am reanthroed my functional reach and buttock knee length will ne longer (improved flexability in my shoulder, and Buns of Steel not only removes fat but bulks up glutes giving you a slightly greater buttock knee length). I am cleared in the T-37 and T-1, (and hence E-6), but require fit checks in everything else. For NFO I was cleared in eveything except the T-2. I was fit checked in that and am A-OK. Now that I am trying to redesignate to NA I even need a fit check in the T-34.
My lifelong dream has been to fly tactical jets, but honestly I would be honored to serve as a Naval Aviator in any airframe.
Thanks so much. I look forward to hearing from you.

FLY NAVY!

Vicki

Jeff

Vicki

First of all be glad that you at least got the info on what pipelines you have available to you. I got the famous "Outside the Norm" on two of my measurements. I require a fit check for the T-44 and I am restricted from some helos, and I am 5'7". I found this out after 5 months of searching for answers.

I got my answers from and ENS Alyson Myric. She is a Public Affairs Officer at the Naval Aviation Schools Command. She was an SNA who got into the program and was then dropped because they later realized that she was to small for the T-34. But she gave me list of what I fit into, what I did not and what I needed a fit check for, and she would have an excellent idea about fit checks, because shes been through them all.

Sorry I do not have the number though. I will post it if I can find it, otherwise just call NASC and ask for her and they'll get her for you.

Good Luck

vicki

Jeff, Matt,

Thanks so much for the info. I appreciate it. I should know by the end of this month if my PRK waiver has been accepted. If so, I will go down to Pensacola for a SNA phsical (I already had one for SNFO). My measurements were good enough for the computer to tag me as a fit check in most aircraft. The only absolutely no go is helos. Thanks again. I'll let you know what happens.

FLY NAVY!

Vicki

Edited by - vicki on 10/09/2000 19:06:52

Jeff

To put further emphasis on getting in touch with one of the PAOs at the schools command:
The people who give the final yes or no on whether you get into an aircraft are there and they actually put your measurements into a computer and it spits out each aircraft the Navy has and then whether you are qualified for it, need a fit check, or are restricted from it. So, they can give you that information, however, for a fit check you would just have to see when it came up.

Matt,

Are the rudder pedals in Navy jets somewhat adjustable. I was in an F-16 cockpit trainer the other day and found that the rudder pedals where very adjustable.

The Wiz

Help!! question on Navy pilot anthropometric

I dont know if this question has been asked already so sorry i f repeat it. Im 6' 2" am I to tall to fly Helo's in the Marines? I was thinkin like 53's or 46's. thanks

"for He today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother" Henry V

Q-ball

Marine CH-53E Pilot
pilot
Nope, I'm 6'1 and I have no problems at all. You might be a little cramped in the jetranger during advanced, but tere's lots of room in a 53 for you. One of the guys in the 53 rag with me is 6'4 and he has no problem.

Q

Marine Helo Pilot

cessnajet1h

Help!! question on Navy pilot anthropometric

Hi all, tell me what you think about this?
I got a call from my Chief and he said that my anthropometric measurements were short by one inch on my Buttocks to Knee measurement, I am totally confused, i checked the NAMI website for Navy pilot standards and it said the following, 62 min. height, 33 sitting height, Thumb reach 28.5 and BKL 21,
My measurements were standing height of 62.5 inch. sitting height of 34 , thumb reach 28 and BkL of 21, My recruiter said that project manager said that i was a NO GO for pilot but a GO for NFO .....help anyone???

twidget

Deskaholic
Look for Spin's posting on losing his SNA slot, then getting it back. I think he may be at OCS now, but you might find something you need.

smittyrunr

pilot
Contributor
I haven't heard of anyone being DQ'd for a minimum BKL... I've heard of plenty of people being DQ'd from ejection seats for that measurement being too long. Try to get re-measured.

cessnajet1h

Hey thanks alot guys, I PM spin to get his whole story,
What i did was, I sent the NAMI web site to the Chief and he replied that he would talk to some other people to get remeasured, I thought it was a little lame that I was measured by someone there at the office, not even in uniform, not a doctor either so it was like bullsh--t that someone without any trining would do that and decide my fu---en future, sorry I am just pissed. I let the Chief Know about this, and requested for someone with training to do it. I read that in the NAMI web site that it has to be done by Navy doctors. Anyhow, EL-bastardo you are right 21.9 is right.......

cessnajet1h

HI you guys
Well, I went down to Point Magu in California to get remeasure, because I gave my recruit the web site from NAMI and he looked up and agree with me that i was not measured accurately at the NRD office. We also read that I needed to be measured 3 times by medical personnel in order to be disqualified. ANyhow, I am happy that i met the requirements, and I am putting My SNA app next week....wish me luck

Is there a difference in height restrictions for NA vs. NFO???

I was wondering if there was a difference in the height restrictions for Jets. I am a BDCP NFO and was thinking that since there would be no stick in front of me that my height restrictions may be a little looser than that of a NA. Anyone have an idea?

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Tight fit...

I saw a couple of posts that might help...try a search for "height restrictions" and/or "arthropometric" (sp?)..basically means will you fit the aircraft.

r/
G