• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Another T-44 question

skywiz

I had asked this before, but have the length of the flights in T-44s/C-12s changed? The squadrons post their flight schedules on the internet and most all the flights are shown as a 1.5 hour flight with 2 students? Does this mean the student only gets 45 min of instruction each?

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Can't say for sure with VT-31, but I suspect it is the same...

A typical onwing contact flight in -35 is two 1.6-2.0 flights. We would routinely land after 3.8-4.2. That time is roughly split between the studs...although the weaker the stud, generally the more time...

Offwing flights are similar but are supposed to be shorter...I believe 3.0-3.4 but don't quote me on that.

Pulled out the Cirriculum guide...offwing is 1.4-1.8 for each stud...2.8-3.6 total. Onwing I was logging 1.6-1.9 FPT and .2-.4 CPT...but that stuff varies.

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
I don't know that that's a change. I seem to remember it being scheduled that way when I was there last year. If there are two students on the flight I would count on it being atleast a 3 hour flight. About the only exception I can think for that would be a night fam flight because they're pretty much only bounce pattern flights, no high work.

MasterBates

If you are by yourself, they will sked 2.0 due to all the "admin time" (transit to working areas & fields) being burned by 1 student.