• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Another "how are my chances" post

Hey everybody! So I'm not the greatest test-taker (getting that out of the way now) so that's my main worry on my profile/resume which I am about to post below. My dream has always been to be a naval aviator or flight officer, however, I understand that I will be an officer first, and <insert profession> second. I would like to see how I currently tack up right now so I know what to work on before I seriously begin the process of applying for a NROTC scholarship.
Student/academic info:
-Going into 12th grade year of high school
-Sports: 3 years of wrestling, 3 years of cross country, 1 year of baseball, 3 years of track. No varsity letter, very big pool of competition at my school.
-GPA: 3.67 unweighted, 4.5 weighted
-ACT scores: 25 English, 25 Math (first and only time so far. I'm quite certain it needs some work, especially on the math)
-SAT: I didn't even meet the prerequisites on my first try, but it's a score of 1140. I am set to take it again in August

Extra/Co-curricular activities
-Cadet commander in my high school's Air Force Junior ROTC
-Cadet in Civil Air Patrol (yes, I'm one of those kids)
-National Honor Society/NHS class officer
-Licensed Private Pilot

Misc. Info (not sure if any of this is appropriate for a resume at this time)
-I plan on majoring in some sort of engineering degree, but I am also considering a history degree, among a few other interests. (I know a history degree is not in any tier)
-Military family, mostly "citizen" soldiers and airmen - in the guard/reserve. Father was 6 years active duty aircraft maintenance officer, 22 years reserve.
-College choices as of now: Norwich Univ (father is an alumnus), Univ of Maryland Baltimore County (new NROTC unit there, I'll be an in-state), and possibly ERAU

Thanks for taking time for reviewing what I've got! I look forward to seeing what I can improve on.

robav8r

None
Contributor
Norwich is a great school. My son was in the Corps of Cadets, graduated with a BA in History, and then a MS in International Relations.