• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Another Check in the Box - Last T44 Flight

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Well it is finally over with, can't believe it has all happened so quickly. I finished my NATOPS Instrument Check Ride last week, that completed my 5 Review Stage flights in the T44. On Friday I flew my AIRNAV Solo, got to take the plane on the road, and logged a 4.3 hour "tour of Texas" flight, quite enjoyable.

I managed to knock out the two Formation flights, a VNAV flight, and finally my last flight yesterday of Advanced, an ONAV flight up to Galveston. The ONAV flight was a lot of fun, we basically rigged some ships in the harbor up there at 500 feet practicing photo and recon runs. Had to watch out for the numerous helicpoters out there though, that were ferrying back and forth from the oil rigs!

So that completes my Advanced training here in lovely (sarcasm) Corpus Christi, and I will be getting the "coveted Wings of Gold" a week from today, on Friday 6 October, at our Winging ceremony. It will be a large Winging, with 26 people (Air Farce, Jarheads, Coasties, and of course us Squids). In addition I will soon be finding out were I will be stationed at for my first squadron.

I will still be on the watch bill, and expect to stand the SDO watches around here, and possibly pick up copilot duties on AIRNAV or FCF flights if I am lucky.

That is about it, can't honestly believe how quickly the last year plus has flown by since I checked into API, and in reality how far I have come in my understanding of flying, though there also seems to be a long way to go!! For those that wonder, it is all worth it, and even on the seldom "bad" days, I have enjoyed tremendously the training, flying and the people I have met, wouldn't trade any of it.

As for what is next on the plate, after Winging, I will have a 2 week class, the Basic Officer Leadership Training Course, then off to SERE school, and finally move out of here and go to Jacksonville, FL for training on the P3. Current gouge has it that there is hardly any wait to start up.

But for now, I have free time on my hands, and one of the items on my to do list is updating the web site with the pictures I have taken during Advanced, and a lot of the gouge I have accumulated here in Corpus.

ASUPilot

John,

Congratulations on completing your training. We are all proud of you. Many of us, like myself, are jealous! I just hope the Air Force picks me up on 3 November. It sounds like the T-44 was a fun airplane to fly. Is it a derivative of the BE-200KA? If so, I have had the fortunate opportunity to fly it a couple of times...very nice...it's stable and has lots of power. Beech builds agreat plane. Again, congratulatiuons on completing Advanced! Good luck in the P-3.

Dave Shutter

Mucho congrats John!!!

I've really appreciated this site this last year or so! yours, along with Dave Werners were the things that really made me believe this insanity is do-able, otherwise I'd just be watching TOPGUN whenever it come's on TBS! Like ASU' I'm jealous, it sound like you've had a hell of a time: an enlisted sub puke turned pilot; Your gonna have some serious sh*t to tell your grandkids about!

Good luck in P-3's!

Now that you've a NA, and have the time for an update, now maybe we can all find out how the hell the rest of your Primary training went!!!

Fly Navy!

D

beau

Glad to hear your getting your Golden Leg spreade...I mean Wings of Gold. I, as a lowly Midshipmen, can only look forward to that far off point in the future.
I would like to hear about Formation flights in Primary though. When was the last time you updated the Journals?

Finch

Tahoe

John!!

Congrats! I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed following things since I found your site. Best of luck in the upcoming months and DO keep us up to date with how things are going with the P-3!

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, I for one would certanily like to read about John's primary training. Wouldn't mind reading some accounts on his intermediate as well. Oh what the heck John, while you're at it you might as well add some stuff about advanced training as well.

Obviously I'm just giving you a hard time. This is only because I now can since I am back on dry solid land again. For those of you that don't know, I was on a counter drug ops deployment in the Carribean and the South Pacific. I got all my quals done just short of my OOD underway qual. I learned a lot in just those 3 months that I was out there. But I am definately glad to be back home here in San Diego. Life is much better on shore than underway any day of the week!

--Steve Wilkins

Status
Not open for further replies.