• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

And the PRT changes yet again

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Situps are out in 2020. Planking (yes, planking) is in. As well as alternate cardio on a rowing machine. Figures they’d get rid of the one event I know I can max. Feh.

My wing AMSO once told me the PRT office in Millington was staffed by two O-4 physiologists competing for one EP FITREP. Can’t confirm, but it’d explain the need to keep screwing with the PRT every few years.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Row well and live!

4e4643be73e7e5f905b1ec90ca152eff.gif

Last edited:

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
Sit-ups are stupid and do not evaluate core strength. The rower, depending on how they set the standards, might be a significant challenge for some who are looking to skate.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
I actually think both of these are good changes. I can’t stand the bike/treadmill and do the run, but can crush it on a rowing machine, so now I have a viable alternate cardio for those cold/hot days.

Planking? You mean how I rest during pushups? Hopefully they have pretty straight forward guidance, I don’t want to listen to someone count out every five seconds so I know which scoring block I gave up on...

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
Came here to post this, why not just have all branches do the same thing ?

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
Also, are we planking from the elbows or straight-armed? If straight-armed I can see push-up scores dropping due to shoulder fatigue.

Treetop Flyer

pilot

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Holy shit. That’s awesome. I bought a Concept2 last year and my 2k row time is decent.

Last edited: