• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

And the PRT changes yet again

Hair Warrior

Contributor
I hope it's a timed plank and a 1-2km row for time. I can do a 2 minute plank and 8 minute 2km row. Though, I've never tried both together (along with push-ups, which is also a plank in the Navy/Marines).
300-meter sprint
I'm curious what is considered a "good" time for this evolution.

Last edited:

AULANI

I hope it's a timed plank and a 1-2km row for time. I can do a 2 minute plank and 8 minute 2km row. Though, I've never tried both together (along with push-ups, which is also a plank in the Navy/Marines).

I'm curious what is considered a "good" time for this evolution.
You get points depending on how you score. The absolute minimum time is 52 seconds which gets you 1 out of 10 possible points for the event. I think if you can run it in 40 seconds flat you get the max score.

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
Not the point to replicate combat, where most Sailors will be manning a GQ station, not running on a battlefield. Measuring general fitness in a semi-standardized manner for a diverse group of people is the desired goal.
What about dragging your shipmate away from danger, lifting debris, wearing heavy fire fighting gear, etc...? As much as I am not looking forward to it, I think the Army has come up with a better way to do it.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
I've run in shorts, t-shirt and sneakers while the IDF alarm was going off...followed by loud booms. And to make it even more hilarious...with an M4 and M9...and ...wait for it...a reflective PT belt!!!

I was once in a Hawaiian shirt, pants, and flip flops, running with my rifle and with my armor and helmet on, after the alarm went off. I wish I had snapped a picture.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
I've run in shorts, t-shirt and sneakers while the IDF alarm was going off...followed by loud booms. And to make it even more hilarious...with an M4 and M9...and ...wait for it...a reflective PT belt!!!
I got saluted by a guy wearing his Army PTs and flip flops back from the shower... because Army, I guess. (More like somebody must have crapped on him for not saluting in exactly the same scenario.) I rendered a proper salute back and I carried on smartly.

However, he wasn't wearing a reflective belt, something which I did not address at the time. I just kept walking. You know what they say about the standard that you walk past... to this day I still feel the stinging guilt of my failure as a leader on that fateful day.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That’s because you knew deep down that the terrorists would win if you didn’t have that on, right? ?

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
I got saluted by a guy wearing his Army PTs and flip flops back from the shower... because Army, I guess. (More like somebody must have crapped on him for not saluting in exactly the same scenario.) I rendered a proper salute back and I carried on smartly.

However, he wasn't wearing a reflective belt, something which I did not address at the time. I just kept walking. You know what they say about the standard that you walk past... to this day I still feel the stinging guilt of my failure as a leader on that fateful day.

Counsel yourself and then go buy yourself a reflective belt to wear around Wal-Mart as penance.

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
I was once in a Hawaiian shirt, pants, and flip flops, with my armor and helmet on, when the alarm went off. I wish I had snapped a picture.
Ya never know. We had guys try to guess when IDF was or wasn't going to come in, and time their showers to avoid it. One of my buddies ended up in a bunker from 0100-0300 in a towel! Luckily I do NOT have a picture of that! This went on for months until the dumbasses missed the FOB all together and blew up the POL storage in town. The locals were NOT amused! Funny how the IDF attacks dwindled to about once a month after that.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
dumbasses missed the FOB all together and blew up the POL storage in town. The locals were NOT amused! Funny how the IDF attacks dwindled to about once a month after that.
I just snort-laughed from reading this.

?

We always wondered if we could set off the mortar radar by throwing empty O'Douls cans at the antennas. Never did get around to testing this one out, imagine that.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
You get points depending on how you score. The absolute minimum time is 52 seconds which gets you 1 out of 10 possible points for the event. I think if you can run it in 40 seconds flat you get the max score.
?

Say again, over.