• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NEWS ...and most aviators thought birds were a threat to flight

CAMike

None
Contributor
Tail Rotor Elk Strike.
The insurance company would like to speak with you Sir.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Had a Mirage-vs-camel incident when I was ASO in Djibouti. Thing went galloping across the runway right as the Mirage was in the flare, hit by one of the mainmounts. The Mirage went around, got an inspection from his wingman, landed successfully. The djiboutians cleaned up the mess with shovels and buckets. Not so much because of the Mirage, but because the khat plane was due soon after.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hit a bat once in the Meridian night pattern.

Thunk.
IP: “WTF was that?”
Me: “I have no idea. Controls feel fine.”
IP: “Let’s full stop anyway.”

Left a greasy smear on the slat, and not much else.

hlg6016

A/C Wings Here
Saw the aftermath of a Gulfstream 1 vs a greyhound one night at Yuma on landing roll out.
Left 6" of the prop tip in the mess.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Elk, elk, elk, elk is the word!

maxresdefault.jpg

Pags

N/A
pilot
Ehhhhh... Private CLU and three Tuskers a day is nice, but not sure the tree snakes, smog from the dump fires, and malaria-ridden mosquitos are worth it.
Choosing between Djibouti and the boat is like choosing which nut you want to smash. Neither is a good choice and the difference between your choice is largely academic.

Me? I'd choose being the Mini on the boat every day over Djibouti but that's just like my opinion man. If I was something else like TAO, TACRON, or SafetyO I'd probably just choose an honorable death via seppuku.