• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

An outstanding AMDO application

toofkir

Okay thank you. I'm working on getting my employer LOR and other AD/retired LOR from 0-6 ^. Now is there medical exams I will need to have done? Physical, hearing, eyes, etc. And if so do I have to set this up or does the OR?

For AMDO interviews, what all should I bring with? I'm thinking as much stuff from my AD as possible such as evals, awards, warfare quals, training jacket, school certs, etc. My current resume, diplomas, transcripts, and a list of questions. Anything to add to that???
So can someone clarify if an Interview is mandatory for applying to the designation? I was under the impression that interviews were for AD Navy enlisted looking to apply to OCS. I'm in the Air Force so I don't have access to anyone to give me an interview, but I do have several Letters of Recommendation from current AMDOs that I've reached out to and were willing to write on me.

I just want to know what is mandatory for the application and what is not...

exNavyOffRec

So can someone clarify if an Interview is mandatory for applying to the designation? I was under the impression that interviews were for AD Navy enlisted looking to apply to OCS. I'm in the Air Force so I don't have access to anyone to give me an interview, but I do have several Letters of Recommendation from current AMDOs that I've reached out to and were willing to write on me.

I just want to know what is mandatory for the application and what is not...

Interviews are not mandatory for people that are not AD USN/reserve USN and generally have little value, if you are a civilian it is expected you know little about the USN or the designator, if you are on AD or reserve USN it is expected you would know something.

toofkir

For non-USN, is there a specific form that is used for LORs and interviews? Do we just get them to write on their squadron letterhead using a word document?

toofkir

See, that's the thing...I contacted the OR for the Pacific region about two months ago (I'm stationed in Japan) and he told me that ORs are "no longer allowed to assist in any way submitting applications for applicants from other Services" (i.e. USAF) and that "I'd have to do everything on my own." So all the gouge I've been getting is coming from this site and a friend of mine that is applying back Stateside...

exNavyOffRec

See, that's the thing...I contacted the OR for the Pacific region about two months ago (I'm stationed in Japan) and he told me that ORs are "no longer allowed to assist in any way submitting applications for applicants from other Services" (i.e. USAF) and that "I'd have to do everything on my own." So all the gouge I've been getting is coming from this site and a friend of mine that is applying back Stateside...

not true, just look around here! they probably didn't want to go through the hassle, did you contact NRD LA? I think they handle Japan.

If you don't go through an OR you can't submit since it has to go through an NRD as you are not USN (reserve or AD)

toofkir

not true, just look around here! they probably didn't want to go through the hassle, did you contact NRD LA? I think they handle Japan.

If you don't go through an OR you can't submit since it has to go through an NRD as you are not USN (reserve or AD)
Yeah...I figured this wasn't true given the fact that my friend is AD USAF also, and is submitting a package through an OR this week in TN.
No, I haven't contacted NRD LA (what is this?)