• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ammo, Ammo, Ammo

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ammo returning to a sense of reasonable...
Yeah, but with Wolf, you spend the price difference buying more patches and solvent to get all that dirty smoky gunky fouling shit out of your freaking barrel. I don't know what powder they load those things with, but the leftovers are a whole nother level of nasty from anything else I've shot.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Yeah, but with Wolf, you spend the price difference buying more patches and solvent to get all that dirty smoky gunky fouling shit out of your freaking barrel. I don't know what powder they load those things with, but the leftovers are a whole nother level of nasty from anything else I've shot.

Who cleans their carbines? I kid, kinda.

I don't shoot Wolf steel/poly because it won't run in several of my go-to guns unsuppressed, but the Wolf Gold is solid. There's a couple of guys I shoot in the same squad with during competitions that run Wolf Steel, one of which usually finishes in the top 5 or is the top shooter each month. I don't think he cleans his rifle either. It's not that bad.

@ChuckMK23 , that price seems to be what I've been seeing for a while now. I was excited that I was recently able to grab a case of PMC X-TAC for ~$0.40/round. That was progress.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Had the dirty ammo conversation with the guy at the counter of a range I visited last week. He offered me a box of 9mm with the warning that "some guys say its dirty." In my mind, if it isn't dirty enough to foul the gun to the point of malfunction during any one range period (and I don't know one that does), it doesn't matter. I am going to clean it before I go out again or strap it on. That led to a conversation about some load/ brands not feeding reliably. I take those rounds and randomly throw them in with with the good stuff. That way I occasionally get a malfunction when I don't expect it. Good practice for the immediate action drill.