• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AMDO age waiver

Ksung1il

Hello,

current AZ2.

I am currently at age 41 and trying to apply for AMDO on the March board for FY24.

I would turn 42 in March next year so would need a waiver for this.

The PA state must be commissioned before the 42nd birthday but the waiver doesn't restrict any age.

Is there anyone who was able to get an age waiver for AMDO I just wanted to know how the waiver process will work.

Will I send it to Mr Celistin and he will let me know or do I need to send it to CNRC before they convene the board?

Thank you so much in advance

exNavyOffRec

In general no OCS program will waiver anyone to get commissioned over the age of 42, but how they reject a person is kind of indirect.

You send the waiver to CNRC to Paul as he is your point of contact, most likely they will rubber stamp it approved as 99% of the time that is what they do, then when the board convenes the board will reject as you will be unable to commission prior to age 42. The board is only allowed to pick limited numbers of those who have waivers, which makes it more difficult for people with waivers.

The more waivers a person needs the harder it is to get the board to say "yes" and the easier it is for CNRC to reject the waiver putting a person in that 1%.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hello,

current AZ2.

I am currently at age 41 and trying to apply for AMDO on the March board for FY24.

I would turn 42 in March next year so would need a waiver for this.

The PA state must be commissioned before the 42nd birthday but the waiver doesn't restrict any age.

Is there anyone who was able to get an age waiver for AMDO I just wanted to know how the waiver process will work.

Will I send it to Mr Celistin and he will let me know or do I need to send it to CNRC before they convene the board?

Thank you so much in advance

A few thoughts here:

1. Where's your CCC involved in this process?
2. If they aren't... they should. Additionally, you need to seek + find an officer mentor or two to help you out here.

Like what ExNavyRec said, your age "waiver" likely will be auto approved, but for the AMDO board, it's going to be very compelling case to try to bring someone in who face statutory retirement (62 years) in less than 20 years.