• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Am I completely screwed? Asthma?

Status
Not open for further replies.

justin984

Here's the deal... I enlisted in the Army about 3 years ago and when I blacked out on the first run, they sent me to be tested for asthma and discharged me. This was a complete BS diagnosis. I was out of shape (The pt test was probably the first time I'd ever run) and a smoker to boot. Since then, I've quit smoking and my 1 mile time is around 8 minutes. I know if I keep training, I can hit 1.5 in 9-10 minutes. I want to apply for BDCP but I'd like to know what my chances of getting a waiver are. What things can I do to improve my chances? I've got a 3.7 gpa at a local college and I'm about to transfer to a university to pursue a bachelors in CS.

boomersooner

Primary- Vance AFB
I went through OCS and can attest that they tell you that you will be NPQ'ed if you "black out" and hit the ground....especially if you are an aviator. A guy in my class was sick and we were in formation early one Thursday morning at parade practice and he locked his knees out and proceded to fall into me and a couple of others. We grabbed him and would not let him hit the ground because we were scared he might get a bum deal. He caught hell from the DI's, but since he didn't hit the ground or anything like that he was good to go. That is about all I know. Oh yeah, and right now the Navy is cutting Junior Officers right and left. Congress said they have too many of them so the Navy is cutting us Ensigns if we do not perform well at flight school or if the other Ensigns don't get their pin quals in a certain amount of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.