• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

All things MV-22 Osprey

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
the black helicopter crowd just lost its collective shit.

They would be catatonic if they sat on the shore of the Potomac for a few hours, there are all sorts of helos and others flying around all the time from HH-65’s to UH-1/Bell 412’s and H-60’s of all stripes to name a few.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Nice to see Narines on the long line Bambi Bucket.

Wondering if pilots are doing vertical reference (not sure if side windows permit a very clear view of load while flying) or going with crewman verbal cues...

Skinsuit

pilot
We can't see any sort of external load from the cockpit, it's all crew chief commands. We also don't external all that often, and that's the first time I've seen a bambi bucket besides a figure in the NTRP.

Z4nd3R

I'm getting close to submitting preferences for duty stations and figured I'd ask if anyone here has any insight as to what the training is like at each station. I've asked around the VTs, but most of the instructors have been out of the V22 for some time now. I've asked buddies who are ahead as well and have gotten mixed reviews.
Right now I'm thinking Oki, Hawaii, West coast, East coast.

Thanks

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I'm getting close to submitting preferences for duty stations and figured I'd ask if anyone here has any insight as to what the training is like at each station. I've asked around the VTs, but most of the instructors have been out of the V22 for some time now. I've asked buddies who are ahead as well and have gotten mixed reviews.
Right now I'm thinking Oki, Hawaii, West coast, East coast.

Thanks

Hawaii is the shit. Go there.

Last edited:

Skinsuit

pilot
Don't put New River. You'll spend plenty of time here while you go through 204, and if you end up loving it, someone will certainly trade places with you. You'll have the rest of your life to check out the NC coast, but Hawaii or Oki?