• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Albumin?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Tried searching around and even pulling the MANMED Chapter 15.

Has anyone, including applicants clear a physical (ASSUMING everything else is fine) having a trace of albumin during their urinalysis? Applicant of mine was cleared for everything else, but I noticed on the second page of the 2808 that he had a trace of albumin.

Just curious...

jason0231

1835 USNR/IRR
Hey RUFiO,

We had a guy come through MEPS about a million years ago with albumin in his urine. The corpsmen fussed about it but the doc signed off and he made it through OK. If I remember right, albumin is a protein and healthy kidneys don't let albumin into the urine.

What was your applicant's albumin count? My understanding is that as long as it's under 30, the applicant should be alright.

Hope it works out! Have a good weekend.

Jason

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hey RUFiO,

We had a guy come through MEPS about a million years ago with albumin in his urine. The corpsmen fussed about it but the doc signed off and he made it through OK. If I remember right, albumin is a protein and healthy kidneys don't let albumin into the urine.

What was your applicant's albumin count? My understanding is that as long as it's under 30, the applicant should be alright.

Hope it works out! Have a good weekend.

Jason

All the labs say is "TRACE", so perhaps that's well below 30? Appreciate the help.

jason0231

1835 USNR/IRR
I Googled that and found this:

Trace simply means that the amount of albumin (which is the protein that the test looks for) is quite low and just above the upper limit of detection ability. Having trace albumin in your urine means that your kidneys are abnormally spilling a tiny amount of protein into the urine from the blood.

As we both know, it all depends on the doc doing the evaluation. I have been reading up on this kind of thing since I have to knock out a post-deployment health assessment before I can do my PHA. Being 43 is turning out to be pretty interesting ...

TimeBomb

Noise, vibration and harshness
RUFiO,
DODI 6130.03 has the standard for protein in the urine. The requirement for a 24 hour urine collection appears to have been removed, and substituted with a less intrusive measurement. The amount of protein he's spilling is key. The albumin/creatinine ratio takes into account the possibility of the applicant water loading to dilute the urine, and thereby decreasing the albumin concentration in order to "pass the test". Large amounts of protein in the urine suggests intrinsic damage to the kidneys.
R/