• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Alas, passing is a double edged sword.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OracleMSU

Civvy SNA Hopeful
Well, I passed the ASTB with flying colors (no pun intended). The recruiter says that I got one of the highest scores he has seen on the spatial apperception portion of the test, because I only missed one, and then on the mechanical comprehension I only missed two, so that was good too. I passed every other individual section and matched up really well with the pilot profile. Good news for me? HELL NO!

With this news slowly does my heart break. My girlfriend and I have been going together for THREE YEARS!!! THREE DAMNED YEARS!!! Only one year ago did she learn my desires to serve in this countries military, make a difference in the world, and be proud of myself for the rest of my life. Well, she was a bit shaky about this. Now, after three years, she tells me she doesn't see herself marrying a Navy man. Mind you, we have been madly in love for THREE YEARS! We have talked about marriage, kids, houses, the works. I have done all but propose to her because I am still finishing with school. But all of a sudden, most likely a reaction of me passing the ASTB, and being closer to Navy life, she wants me gone. She tells me that she loves me more than anything, but apparently that isn't enough.

She says that she can't live with a part time husband/father. Doesn't that beat all. I don't think that her mind will ever change. Alas, passing is a double edged sword.

I don't know if anyone can make me feel better about this, but I am sure if there is anyone that understands, it is the people on this forum.

I'd like to hear your reactions.

Thanx for lending an ear (eye).

Over and out---
---the broken one

Edited by - OracleMSU on 10/15/2000 23:29:03

Status
Not open for further replies.