• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Airline Industry ... 2006

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
satellite-boeing-logo.jpg
JAL_logo.gif

Boeing And JAL Turn 747-400BCF Options To Firm Orders

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
4_22_175_mineta_norm.jpg
dji.gif

WTF, over ..... ??!!??!!

This "marriage" between NWA and Delta was proposed nearly 20 years ago ... it got within .50-.75, repeat 50-75 cents on the price of a share of stock --- and that's when the stocks were going for $50-$75 dollars/share --- but the upper management teams could not agree who would be the "survivors", i.e., who would be on top !!!! That merger would have been the proverbial 800-lb gorilla --- only 20 years ago.

"The more things change ...... " ???

BRILLIANT !!! NOW they are talking "merger". I think I hate these guys (EMT's, beancounters, paper-pushers, bureaucrats, "smart guys" ....) more than I hate the Robert Strange McNamara's of the world .... and that's tough to do.
mcnamarar_oh.jpg
fog.jpg

p.s. for those of you who don't get the "McNamara" allegory ... don't bust a vein trying. Allegory: a visible symbol representing an abstract idea ....you'll never get it .... it's just an illustration of people that are worthy of hate. :)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]
325px-NW_Boeing_787.jpg

Boeing Executive: Airbus A350 Uncertainties Not Hitting 787
[/FONT]
dji.gif