• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AIRLANT visit Q&A

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
1) Helo CAG... HAHAHAHAHAHA
2) No towing for Sierra - 53s will continue to det to Bahrain
3) Iran - blah blah blah
4) IAs down to 5000 from 14000 two years ago
5) FDNFs in Rota and Singapore (!)
6) UAVs, the wave of the future, today!
7) Retirement not likely to change for people currently in
8) "due course" career path definitely not likely to change

I'm sure there were other points, but that's all I remember.

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
Re: #5:

While I normally don't endorse blue-on-blue crime, if we ever really put an FDNF squadron in Singapore (and there are a ton of reasons why we wouldn't, most of them money related) you can feel free to stab as many of your peers in the back as necessary to get a billet there.

A jury of your peers would acquit you.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I found Singapore to be a little too antiseptic for my tastes. It was like partying at the Epcott center in Disney World. Rota, on the other hand - sign me up.

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
I knew some locals and ex-pats there, so I'm sure that improved my visits. COLA would be a nice touch as well.

All that said, I wouldn't be holding my breath for it.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
I almost lost my shit with that one...

Jim123 suspected that was an AW-planted question.
I'm outing myself here, but whatever - that was me. :) Not a planted question, unless the mind control rays are working again. I definitely took inspiration from the helo CAG discussion here.

KBayDog

I'm outing myself here, but whatever - that was me. :) Not a planted question, unless the mind control rays are working again. I definitely took inspiration from the helo CAG discussion here.

Well done! You nearly had me in tears.

illinijoe05

Nachos
pilot
Please expound on the no towing for sierra's. Is that just for now, or is the whole OAMCM program getting the ax?

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
Ax. "The 60 is not a viable tow platform."

Well, at least nobody can say "I told you so".

Or almost everybody can. I'm sure it is one of the two. Just another example where the program would have been fine at double the cost and schedule and honest appraisals of where it stood. But as-is it was always going to fail.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
For my clarification, FDNF means based there with family and whatnot, ala Atusgi/Okinawa? Sign me the hell up for Rota.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wonder what the shift in thinking is for Rota. We had a much larger presence there 15 years ago with permanent VQ and constant VP deployments.

Brett

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Wonder what the shift in thinking is for Rota. We had a much larger presence there 15 years ago with permanent VQ and constant VP deployments.

Brett

Would have been an awesome recruitment tool for the P-3 bubbas......would have made me seriously consider that prospect

OnTopTime

ROBO TACCO
None
Would have been an awesome recruitment tool for the P-3 bubbas......would have made me seriously consider that prospect

You betcha. I did a couple dets there from Sig to catch STROG inchoppers/outchoppers, plus the random RO1Ns in transit. Great memories of tapas hoppin'.