• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Air Warriors Website Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I'm coming up on transferring to my first Fleet Squadron, and I am going to be burning some leave (68 days on the books), and will probably end up with 5 weeks of time off. There are a bunch of things I feel like tackling on this website (yes, yes, yes, I promise to somehow close out my journal entries), but I am curious if any of you have suggestions on making the site better. Any additions, or heck anything that you would like to see happen.

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
How about removing the faint pictures of the F-16's from the home page. The Navy hasn't flown them in 7 years. Minor input. Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMC

Tahoe

John!!

I'd love to see some photos from yours and Matt's training, various things that you took part in. Just a thought..

-Dave

Dave Shutter

Mari Masuda put up some pics on her page where you can "click" your way around the T-34 but it's some Mac format (I recall) and I can't get into it. Something like that for other planes (un-classified stuff of course) would be cool!

I forget which TRAWING site it is, but they have something similiar where you go through the T-34 walk-around; clicking on an item having the check displayed and seeing that part of the plane, something like that for other planes maybe?

Do you know any Helo pilots that could contribute like Matt does. I'm not particulalry interested in being a Seahawk pilot myself, but some people are. I'm sure the '60 pilots have a lot of stories.

Of course it's your site John, but since you asked, I'm agreeing with Frumby: Lose the F-16's. You could relace them with, oh I don't know...Hornets maybe?

One last thing, if your graduating soon from he FRS, some pics of that and any winging ceremonies would be cool!

D

Edited by - Dave Shutter on 06/18/2001 11:41:05

patbrown08

I know this suggestion is probably way late in coming, and maybe you don't have time for any changes right now, But here goes.

I would love to see some info on each of the different types of aircraft and there deployment rotations, quality of life, missions, and good gouge from guys who are actually out there. Obviously there is an abundance of info about the F/A-18 and the P-3 available, but there is limited contact with guys who fly s-3, E-6, EP-3, E-2C, EA-6B, well you get the point. I know that a lot of these squadrons have websites available. It would be nice to try to get all of that info and maybe more into one central location. And from an SNA point of view, this seems to be the launching point for all of us trying to get up into the pattern. Thanks. Having done a few deployments and having a family at home I know that you must really care about your shipmates to still find time to keep up with this stuff, so if no one has told you lately. We Appreciate the work.
Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.