• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Air Natl Guard vs. Naval ROTC

BlueDog58

I know these two are different branches but I'm curious as to how they compare to each other. I'm in Naval ROTC right now and enjoy it but I can't help but wonder what else there is and if there is anything better when it comes to commissioning as an officer. I also understand that ANG has a way to pay for college and it offers a wider variety of roles as an officer. More specifically in terms of family/lifestyle, benefits, career, college, commitment, etc. Also, I want to know what y'all think about the branches' capabilities in combat. Thanks.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I know these two are different branches but I'm curious as to how they compare to each other. I'm in Naval ROTC right now and enjoy it but I can't help but wonder what else there is and if there is anything better when it comes to commissioning as an officer. I also understand that ANG has a way to pay for college and it offers a wider variety of roles as an officer. More specifically in terms of family/lifestyle, benefits, career, college, commitment, etc. Also, I want to know what y'all think about the branches' capabilities in combat. Thanks.

I mean... there's a lot of information about both services and aviation on the internet. You can also reach out to a Natty Guard Officer Recruiter to see what options are available to you.

exNavyOffRec

If you ask an ANG recruiter or any other recruiter if there is a way for them to pay for your college they will enthusiastically say "YES" and tell you how enlisting is the best thing for you and that is how they can pay for your college.

You should figure out what your goals are, you are pretty young so just remember a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush.

I by chance work with a person that just recently retired as a career ANG recruiter and I will ask her if she knows about what you mentioned.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Go Guard - show up with a degree (any Bachelor degree, including online) and private pilot certificate and watch the world open up to you.

exNavyOffRec

I asked the coworker who was an ANG recruiter about how the ANG has a way to pay for college, the way that she was familiar with was joining the ANG as enlisted and use the tuition reimbursement as you take classes. She did say since ANG is state run and to verify what the ANG near you has.