• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Air Force increases pilot age limit

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
We had this dilemma in my Prowler squadron, the other one was Gabby.
In my first squadron we had a "Babs" . Derived from Babbling Brooks. Last name Brooks. He hated it. so we made sure it stuck. A NFO, he went on to become a Capt and Check Airman at Eagle. Heard he was pretty good at it.

robav8r

None
Contributor
In my first squadron we had a "Babs" . Derived from Babbling Brooks. Last name Brooks.He hated it. so we made sure it stuck. A NFO, he went on to become a Capt and Check Airman at Eagle. Heard he was pretty good at it.
Never, ever, ever, EVER let ANYONE know you hate a callsign. Its the surest way to ensure it stays with you for life. [insert Sculpin sea story here].

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
I don't care much about impressing anyone, least of all random people on the internet.

Are you sure? Have you really asked yourself that question? And I don't mean have you thought about it. I mean have you asked yourself that question? Because there's a difference between having a thought and asking yourself a question and forcing yourself to answer it.

It's possible that we're all assholes. It's also possible that you seek validation from strangers on the internet and hide behind a veil of intelligence to make yourself feel superior and in the right.

Is it more likely that a bunch of Naval Aviators from different backgrounds, living in different places, flying different aircraft, holding widely different ranks, and of varying ages, have suddenly decided to band together and attack you...

Or that out of all of us, maybe you're a little out of your element and need to do some serious introspection to figure out why so many of these individuals have taken issue with the things you've written?

I'm not joking. I'm not being sarcastic. I'm not even trolling you. You walk into a ready room and say something dumb, people will give you shit and you'll probably think twice before you open your mouth next time. It's an iterative process and, while it can sometimes be a little harsh, I think it helps produce well rounded individuals. But if you walk into a ready room and start talking the way you've been writing...holy shit man, you're not going to have any friends and you're going to learn a lot of shit the hard way.

It's a little painful to watch this and see you flounder, showing complete unawareness. So, if you're able to take even 10% of what I've said onboard, maybe you can grow and, perhaps, become a little more well rounded and maybe contribute to this board in a slightly more effective and appropriate way -- possible win-win for everyone. On the other hand, maybe you're thinking to yourself that this ready room analogy doesn't apply to you because you're not in a ready room and you're out living in the corporate world. In which case, I would ask two things: One, what the fuck are you doing here, and two, are you sure it doesn't apply to you in the corporate world?

robav8r

None
Contributor
a bunch of Naval Aviators from different backgrounds, living in different places, flying different aircraft, holding widely different ranks, and of varying ages, have suddenly decided to band together and attack you...
Funny how this happens . . . . . :cool:

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Never, ever, ever, EVER let ANYONE know you hate a callsign. Its the surest way to ensure it stays with you for life. [insert Sculpin sea story here].
THIS....Got Wink in the training command. In the fleet, got "Gangster" (based on story from college I had told). It took just one comment on how much cooler Gangster was, and it was back to Wink for life.