• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Air Force increases pilot age limit

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
The thing about the analogy is that it is the cardiologist tells you heart disease is the leading cause of death. As in my case, pilots and ORs have told me about this, which I had noted in prior comments, I'm not just talking about whatever General Goldfein and other top brass have stated. I thank you for making it clear that I have been misunderstood, or otherwise, selectively understood.

No. It is you that misunderstands. Here's my (and others) point:

Industry Insider A asks question.
Industry Insider B answers question.
Random Outsider C makes a comment and decreases the Signal to Noise Ratio.

You're Random Outsider C. What people are frustrated at is that everyone already knew what you posted. The original poster was seeking additional info from someone not you.

D

Deleted member 67144 scul

You're Random Outsider C. What people are frustrated at is that everyone already knew what you posted. The original poster was seeking additional info from someone not you.

Bingo! Someone who understands the discussion and sticks to the point. Much appreciated. Have a wonderful evening folks.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor

Bingo! Someone who understands the discussion and sticks to the point. Much appreciated. Have a wonderful evening folks.
I'm pretty sure that Gator meant increases the signal to noise ration. You increased the extraneous noise needlessly.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
@Sculpin A real life illustration of comms everyone in aviation aspires to, and most of the military in general as well. Intruder shoots off the ship and before the end of the cycle the pilot calls the Boss and says,

"Boss, this is 515. My BN has partially ejected. I need an emergency pull-forward!" The Boss says simply "Bring her on in."

The boss didn't ask how it happened. Offered no extraneous info. In fact said nothing until the pilot asked about deck status before turning final. None of the dozen or more other aviators on the frequency said a thing. Not the guys with more time in the A-6 then this pilot. Not any TPS grads. His skipper didn't run to CATC and jump on the radio.

Now, posting on AW isn't tactical comms. Just saying. Most guys here tire pretty quickly of extraneous BS from people that don't need to be talking. Learn when you need to be talking.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
@Sculpin A real life illustration of comms everyone in aviation aspires to, and most of the military in general as well. Intruder shoots off the ship and before the end of the cycle the pilot calls the Boss and says,

"Boss, this is 515. My BN has partially ejected. I need an emergency pull-forward!" The Boss says simply "Bring her on in."

The boss didn't ask how it happened. Offered no extraneous info. In fact said nothing until the pilot asked about deck status before turning final. None of the dozen or more other aviators on the frequency said a thing. Not the guys with more time in the A-6 then this pilot. Not any TPS grads. His skipper didn't run to CATC and jump on the radio.

Now, posting on AW isn't tactical comms. Just saying. Most guys here tire pretty quickly of extraneous BS from people that don't need to be talking. Learn when you need to be talking.
I met Gallagher once, what a hell of a story!

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor

Uh, what? I fear you've, again, completely missed my point.

I'm pretty sure that Gator meant increases the signal to noise ration. You increased the extraneous noise needlessly.

No, no, I said it correctly. Signal is the same, Outsider sCulpin increases noise. Overall SnR decreases. But your point (bolded) still stands.

Pags

N/A
pilot

Faster and funnier.