• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Air Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

los5041

This past summer I attended my first 6 weeks at OCS for the Marine Corp and passed my flight test, to be put on an Air Contract. I am told that the air contract guarantees a seat to flight school if found medically qualified at TBS. Well, I was just wondering if there is any newly Commisined Officers or any one who was put on an air contract that can really tell me how the Air Contract works and if for the most part it is really a gurantee. Thank you very much.

Q-ball

Marine CH-53E Pilot
pilot
As long as you stay physically qualified, i.e pass your physical after TBS you are guaranteed a slot in flight school. Instead of having an MOS of 9910 (Basic Officer) during TBS you will be a 7599 (student naval aviator).

Q

Marine Helo Pilot

Kimphils Girl

You also have to keep your grades up to stay in the contract. At least that's what my brother told me.

Stay strong kimphil! Its only a mind game!

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
So they see if you're physically qualified after OCS? Fitness wise that wouldn't be a problem for me, but I've got a slight color vision prob. I'll fail a standard color test but would pass a light gun test or the FALANT test. Are those offered by the Marines?

Rainman

pilot
Originally posted by wildflyin69
So they see if you're physically qualified after OCS? Fitness wise that wouldn't be a problem for me, but I've got a slight color vision prob. I'll fail a standard color test but would pass a light gun test or the FALANT test. Are those offered by the Marines?

You have to pass the FALANT test as well as the color vision flip the numbers over to even get an air contract. Same test @ TBS & NAMI. There is some alternate test for the number flipping, I think. you can go to their website for specifics or search this site to find a link.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
As long as you stay physically qualified, i.e pass your physical after TBS you are guaranteed a slot in flight school.

So what's the physical after TBS consist of? Is it similar to the one at MEPS. I've taken neither, but just want to know what to look for. Thanks to any repsonses. Semper Fi.

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.
-Col.3:23-

farkle84

the physical after TBS if you are aviation contract is at pensacola. NAMI. the hardest one. there is some gouge on this site about it so i wont get into it. look on the webmasters gouge i think its the first one. either entitled API 0 or pre API

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Thanks Farkle. One more question. So, when you go to submit a package to the board, you will have gone through MEPS and a Fligth physical? Is my understanging correct? What's the flighy physical like?

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.

jwnole

I just took that physical last thursday, the one at NAMI. It consisted of about the same stuff as the MEPS physical but no duck walk or any of that stuff. The only difference as far as I can tell was that I had my eyes dialated and they checked them hardcore for any hidden problems. They also did a chest X-ray and a full dental exam. They will NPQ you for a cavity. It hapened to me. You will not be alowed to contine with your training until it is fixed. For those of you who have not been to MEPS or had a full fligh physical here is what I can remember.

Eyes: Color, Sight, dialation
Ears: Standard hearing test (headphones,beeps)
Athro: You will be measured to see if you will fit in the aircraft, again
EKG: Yes
X-ray: Chest and any indicated problem area
A flight surgeon will give you a one over: look in eyes, ears, nose, throat, hernia, etc.
You may or may not have a psych eval. It depends on your history.
You will see a dentist. Start flossing now.
You wil give blood and urine samples.
I think thats it.

-jw

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
God forbid something like this would happen to any of us, but what happens if you get NPQ (whatever that means?) for having something overlooked somewhere. If I want to go SNA, then I'll have to have the PRK after TBS. Anyone know the wait on this? I've heard 3 months after both eyes. Thanks jwnole. Good luck with the cavity, and with the rest of flight school. Semper Fi.

jwnole

NPQ=Not Physically Qualified. Getting drilled and filled tomorrow. As far as the rest of flight school goes, I still have OCS and TBS to do. I dont go until October. I just happen to already live in Pensacola and the people at NAMI seem to be rooting for me so that is good. Do you have an OSO yet? What is your location?

Semper Fidelis
-Josh

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
I know for some branches, like the airforce, if you have PRK before enlisting it disqualifies you from all programs. Does anyone know if this is how it works in the marines?

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
I was wondering that too Wildflyin69. I'm not sure, but would like to hear about it.

Josh, I'm in TN. I've talked to an OSO, but nothing in depth. I want to get my PFT up a little more before I go in. You're in a good location down there close NAS P'cola. Do you have any flight experience? (ppl). Semper Fi.

Status
Not open for further replies.